We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding hair

Norwich
Level Contributor
47 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
wedding hair

Hi

I am getting married in June next year and am looking for a salaon or mobile hairdresser to do my hair on the day. I have checked out places like Hair and Soul, 180 euros for a hair do - really? There must be cheaper, can anyone recommend a good hairdresser, I just want my hair putting up on the day, the ceremony is at 18:00 so it wont even be up a full day and I am rather loathe to pay 180 euros.

All help appreciated.

Regards

Ellejay

newcastle -upon-tyne
Level Contributor
434 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: wedding hair

the problem is that as soon as you mention wedding the price is rediculous my daughter got married at Santo Winery last year. she was lucky that our hotel owner Andoni had a friend who did hair and she came to our hotel and did about five guests and my daughter. she charged fifty euro for each person. where are you staying on the island?

Norwich
Level Contributor
47 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wedding hair

Hi thanks for your prompt reply. I'm staying 10 min walk out of Oia.

It is ridiculous isn't it? I wouldn't pay 180 euros.

Thanks

Ellejay :-)

Norwich
Level Contributor
47 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wedding hair

Where abouts did you stay and where was the hairdresser from?

newcastle -upon-tyne
Level Contributor
434 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: wedding hair

we stay at the Kaforous in Kamari you are at the high end money wise of Santorini.she was from Kamari but a friend of the hotel owner .....we actually found out on the day that she was diagnosed with cancer but wanted to do my daughters hair........i have two hair dressers e.mail addys in Kamari .a bit far from Oia but you never know..lalique76@hotmail.com kapachara@in.gr the last one does nails and allsorts my wife and daughter used her and she was fabulous...... let me know if you want anymore info

London, England
Level Contributor
273 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wedding hair

Are you using a wedding planner? If so they often use private hairdressers who work out much cheaper. We used a wedding planner and the hairdresser/makeup artist we used through the planner charged considerably less than the hair salons and they were willing to travel to us.

Norwich
Level Contributor
47 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wedding hair

Thanks for your replies, I will ask my wedding planner if she can recommend any who aren't too expensive.

Thanks

ElleJayx

ireland
Level Contributor
59 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wedding hair

yoursantoriniwedding.com/plan_your_day/m_mas…

have a look at link above for Hair Shop Santorini

Also It is cheaper to go to a salon on the morning of your wedding if you are on a budget otherwise you are paying extra for the call out charges.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wedding hair

I recently got married in Santorini (June 2013) and checked out the forums on here before booking bridal hair. I too had been quoted 180 Euros for a bridal 'up-do' for my wedding day, which I thought was ridiculously steep (to put this into perspective, for my UK evening do my hair cost £20 to put up). I noticed one of the comments above recommended emailing lalique76@hotmail.com - I gave it a go and this is actually the salon I ended up using on my wedding day (thanks for the recommendation!). The salon itself is called Lalique and the lady owner is called Mary. She is absolutely fantastic, and much more reasonable than the other quotes I received. My hair cost 100 Euros to put up, and my bridesmaids' hair between 30 and 50 Euros depending on the style (two up-dos and three just soft waves). The salon is located in Kamari, just down the road from the Hippocampus hotel. I can provide more details via email if you'd like.

Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wedding hair

Here is a list of most hairdressers in Santorini, better is to call them and ask for prices:(COPY + Paste into your browser if it doesn´t work as a link) http://www.xo.gr/dir-az/H/Hairdressers-Barber-Shops-Hair-Salons/Santorini%20(Chora)/?lang=en

Ingela

Edited: 07 August 2013, 12:57
London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: wedding hair

Could have I the info please ? Is it a modern hair dresser can they do unusual designs and do they do make up ?