We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming and jumping from cliffs

Norway
Level Contributor
59 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Swimming and jumping from cliffs

Hello,

I am going to Santorini for 2 nights only as the end of my cycladic island hopping in august 2013.

Are there any good places on the west side by the cliffs where you can swim and jump from some cliffs everything from 5-15 meters high with deep water? Maybe some popular places where also other people are for jumping, I am almost sure there must be places like this. And is it easy to get to those places?

Thank you.

Edited: 11 January 2013, 08:34
London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,207 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming and jumping from cliffs

Hi David,

Here's a previous posting on the subject. Take a look at what's been said before and please check the water before you jump. Just before the landing site underwater has been clear of rocks in the past, there's no guarantee it will have stayed that way. It has in my experience, but I always check again each time I go. I'd rather a couple of minutes checking and being safe than spending the rest of my life paralyzed regretting it.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189433-i245-k54…

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming and jumping from cliffs

Hey and welcome DavidTravelFeveer:-) The spot below Oia referred to in above link is down at Ammoudi.. you can walk down from Oia via the 'steps' or drive/take a cab down;-) There are a few waterfront Tavernas there.. Katina's, Sunset.. the last and little one at the end is Dimitri's where you'll note the path turning around the bend there.. hopefully it will be cleared this year.. you won't miss the 'swimming spot' noted;-) Happy planning.. and EnJOY!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimming and jumping from cliffs

The spot that BrotherleeLove mentions in the link, I'm sure its there, is a great one. You can really enyoy the jump along side the small church which leads you down into a steep drop off. I think he still has that picture on his postings, jumping from the cliff below Ioa.

4. Re: Swimming and jumping from cliffs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2014, 07:17