My husband and I will be travelling (59 and 60). Here is the itinerary I have thus far and would welcome suggestions.
• Relax at the hotel and pool in the afternoon
• Go out for the evening about 5 – heading to Oia for dinner and
sunset at Amoudi Bay (Can someone tell me the best way to
get there – do we need to rent a car, moped/4 wheeler or is it
possible to travel by bus? Also I would prefer a place where
locals go to eat – any suggestions?)
• Get up early and take the hike from Fira to Oia. I have read this
is a 3-4 hour hike. So hoping an early start would have us
finished before the hottest part of the day. Questions:
is going one way better than the other Fira to Oia or Oia to
How early do the busses run and do they run from
south of Fira where we are staying or would we need to
walk to Fira?
• Return to Hotel – relax a bit – have lunch
• Santorini Wine Roads Tour – late afternoon tour
• Cruise tour of some type to the volcano – still researching this – Thinking of Spiridakos tour out of Fira. Other
• We leave for Samos via Athens early this afternoon but have the
If anyone has suggestions of something we should add, delete or trade for something else – we always appreciate your thoughts!