We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it any camera equipment shop in Santorini??

Newcastle upon...
1 post
Save Topic
Is it any camera equipment shop in Santorini??

I lost my camera battery before my trip to Santorini. I will go to there tomorrow morning.

Is it possible to buy a new one in the island?

Does anyone know where I can buy a new battery?

My camera is Canon 600D. I think it is normal canon camera battery.

Help!!Please!!!

Really wanna take a good pic in the island!!!

Houston
Level Contributor
947 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it any camera equipment shop in Santorini??

There is at least one in Fira (as of two years ago -- haven't been back since). I'm sure BLL will be along soon to tell you the street names, but it's down a little street across from the main area in Fira.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,169 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it any camera equipment shop in Santorini??

I think CameraGirl8 means the Germanos Store, partway down the one-way sidestreet next to the main square in Fira.

London, United...
Level Contributor
557 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it any camera equipment shop in Santorini??

I can't speak as to where you'd find a battery in santorini, but if you're travelling from the uk them dixons will have them in the airport - you'll need the canon lp-e8 and expect to pay around £40 for it and it'll need to be charged for a couple of hours before it can be used.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it any camera equipment shop in Santorini??

There is also a camera shop in Oia, it's along the main walk. Ask for the bookshop or camera shop, they are next to each other on the main walk beneath the level of the walkway.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,169 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it any camera equipment shop in Santorini??

It's close to the Lotza Restaurant but I'm not sure the camera shop in Oia will still be open this time of year.

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,082 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it any camera equipment shop in Santorini??

OP traveled on June.

1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it any camera equipment shop in Santorini??

There is one called "SANTORINI PHOTO" but they are very expensive. i paid 140 eur for the camera which is available in 88 EUR !

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,241 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it any camera equipment shop in Santorini??

Vishal,

Welcome to the forums. Unfortunately the cost is probably due to many items having to be imported onto the island.

Also, the OP travelled in June 2013.

9. Re: Is it any camera equipment shop in Santorini??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 05:15