We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Gillingham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Topic
Daughters thinking of getting married in Santorini????

We are getting so much conflicting advice about holding my daughters wedding in Santorini and all uk travel agents state they would have to be there 8 days before whilst online wedding planners in santorini say you don't have to be there 8 days before!!! HELP///

newcastle -upon-tyne
Level Contributor
456 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Daughters thinking of getting married in Santorini????

my daughter got married there last year.... we we there for two weeks as usual so didn't affect us but someone put a post on here couple years ago saying you didn't have to be there for the eight days.the thinking was that the uk travel agents wanted Brits to book two weeks holiday. but someone will give you the proper advice i'm sure. there are a few local people put posts on here

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,399 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daughters thinking of getting married in Santorini????

I would think the wedding planners who actually live and work on the island would be able to provide you with the most current and accurate information.

Edited: 18 July 2013, 17:32
Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daughters thinking of getting married in Santorini????

We got married the Friday and arrived in Thira on the Tuesday.

It was 7 years ago (do things may gave changed) we used Kivotas to arrange our wedding. I agree, I'd be more inclined to go off what local planners say.

Newton Aycliffe...
Level Contributor
5 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Daughters thinking of getting married in Santorini????

Hi we got married on Santorini, in June this year, you have to be on the island for at least 8 days before you can marry, it is the Greek law, We did the wedding ourselves, without a travel agent, and looking back it was so simple. The main worry is the paper work, but if you get a good wedding planner, they will do everything for you, which I believe is more than the travel agents do.

London
Level Contributor
437 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Daughters thinking of getting married in Santorini????

It is not 8 days. Don't use a UK travel agent, do use a Santorini based wedding planner. They are worth their weight in gold, in my experience.

Rethymnon, Greece
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Daughters thinking of getting married in Santorini????

Good morning,

maby i can help you, im wedding planner in Crete and Santorini.

For more infos check my homepage: www.perfect-wedding-crete.com

Thanks.

Lissi

Rethymnon, Greece
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Daughters thinking of getting married in Santorini????

Good morning,

maby i can help you, im wedding planner in Crete and Santorini.

For more infos check my homepage: www.perfect-wedding-crete.com

Thanks.

Lissi

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Daughters thinking of getting married in Santorini????

Married there in 2004, did all the paperwork ourselves with the help of the family who ran the hotel.Check out villailias.gr really lovely people who did so much for us.We arrived 4 days before the wedding.

9. Re: Daughters thinking of getting married in Santorini????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2013, 12:43
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Daughters thinking of getting married in Santorini????

They want to get wed in Santorini pea brain, NOT on Lefkada, stop posting all this spam crap.

Get answers to your questions about Santorini