We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prebooking ferries from Santorini to Ios

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Prebooking ferries from Santorini to Ios

Hi, my partner and I will be travelling from Santorini to Ios in August. We have specific dates but not times. Is it better to prebook return ferry tickets or easier and still ok to get them on the day or when we arrive in Santorini(the 10th of August)? Also teh best way to get around in Santorini? We are flying in on Saturday afternoon and have booked accomodation in Oia.

thanks for your help :)

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,297 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prebooking ferries from Santorini to Ios

August 10 is peak season. If I were you I'd book in advance for both tickets. It's possible that even the largest car ferry can be sold out then.

The best way to explore Santorini is with a rental car but be prepared for parking challenges just about everywhere you go.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Prebooking ferries from Santorini to Ios

There are no return ferry tickets in Greece. You will get two separate ones. As Santorini is either first or last on most ferry routes, the ferries between Santorini and Ios are not likely to be full.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prebooking ferries from Santorini to Ios

Thanks for the advise guys.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,681 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prebooking ferries from Santorini to Ios

There are about 3-6 daily ferries Santorini <> Ios so if a few are fully booked should be no worries most days, no guarantee in peak season of course.

There are no return tickets, only one way point to point. There are ferries from Ios to Piraeus and Rafina so you won't need to return to Santorini anyway.

5. Re: Prebooking ferries from Santorini to Ios

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2014, 07:18