We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses to Athinios

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,009 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Buses to Athinios

2 weeks today I am flying to Santorini and arriving about 13:45. I am leaving for Folegandros on Seajet2 at supposedly 19:00. I have decided that I will walk to Monolithos unless there happens to be a bus due and stay there until I need to get a bus to Fira and then a bus to Athinios.

I have looked at the actual departure times of Seajet 2 from Santorini over the last 6 days and it has been between 1 hour 14 minutes and 2 hours 32 minutes late. I know that the buses from Fira to Athinios are usually an hour before ferry departures but does anybody know if they delay the buses if they know that the ferry is going to be very late arriving?

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,480 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses to Athinios

Many of the buses were due at .15 minutes past the hour, although they may have reduced a few since high season has passed (although its not low season).

Walking from the airport to Monolithos takes the best part of an hour and you'll probably arrive hot and bothered (I did it back in May).

There are two tavernas in the village itself or the pool bar of the Memories Beach Hotel is open to non-residents.

Be careful to check the bus schedule as in May there were only three buses a day - the last at 14.15.

Frankly, having done the walk once, I'd just pay the €10 or so and get a taxi from the airport to Fira and wait there.

perissa santorini
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses to Athinios

no the buses from fira to athinios not delay. santorini port arrive many ships

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,009 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses to Athinios

Thanks for your replies, Kennydon and Fotine

4. Re: Buses to Athinios

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 06:18