We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santorini in December

New Delhi, India
4 posts
Save Topic
Santorini in December

Hi Guys

I am planning my honeymoon in the month of December. Exact dates being 19th - 27th December.

Santorini island looks beautiful as a destination.

However, my concern is whether the island and other surrounding areas for food and water activities along with the resorts on the island will be open during that time or not?

I read somewhere that the island shuts down in December.

Could anyone please advise on this and suggest a nice itinerary for a week holiday in Greece keeping the weather in mind.

Cheers

Akshat

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Santorini in December

es,they will be shut down.look for islands that are ''open'' all year long,places like chania in crete,rhodes town in rhodes etc..does it have to be an island holiday?december is winter in greece,so it would make more sense to go to the mainland,where are great areas,like nafplio or monemvasia castle,both in the peloponnese

2. Re: Santorini in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 April 2014, 14:48
Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,455 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santorini in December

December isn't the time for a honeymoon in any Greek island (or mainland). Postpone the trip at least 5 months, or go somewhere else.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santorini in December

Hi Akshat

Santorini is a beautiful destination for a honeymoon but not in December. Weather won't be good, the sea will be cold, most businesses will be closed. For the best chance of winter sunshine in Europe, you really should consider the Canary islands and Madeira although of course, there are never any guarantees

5. Re: Santorini in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2014, 07:18