We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Euro Exchange or not bother?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Euro Exchange or not bother?

Hi

I am on a buget travel to athens, santorini, kos from 20/9 till 26/9, wanna know is it always better to exchange my GBP into EURO before flight?? or better to just use my HSBC debit card while traveling?

If exchange for EURO, where does it usually offer BETTER rate? Would it be bank/ private agent/ ..etc? Does the rate stay the same for one particular day or maybe better rate near the end of the day?

My bank said they would charge a small fee about 1.75% for every transaction I made in Euro though.

I am in Manchester UK area, any help appreciated as this is my first time Euro travel.

Cheers all

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,690 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Euro Exchange or not bother?

I'm pretty sure you'll always get the best rate by using your debit card as you go. There are ATMs everywhere now.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,923 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Euro Exchange or not bother?

See my reply to your other similar question.

Bob

3. Re: Euro Exchange or not bother?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2014, 05:18