We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bari to Santorini in June

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
136 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Bari to Santorini in June

We're wanting to fly from Bari, Italy to Thira at the beginning of June and I've looked around and it seems like the most appealing option is the the direct Volotea seasonal instead of connecting/transferring in Rome. Does anyone know around what time of year Volotea has started this route? Also, are their flights daily? Couple times a week? Once? I don't think too highly of charters but the thought of a direct flight really makes me think differently. Any help would be appreciated:)

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
787 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bari to Santorini in June

I'm not sure whether the Bari - Thira routing commences early in June. It was certainly running once a week by the end of June - on a Friday afternoon. I used it myself in the last week of June but can't recall whether this was their first flight of the season (possibly).

It was extremely economical (I saved myself hours of travelling via Rome or Milan and probably a couple of hundred Euros) and with the exception of a delayed departure of a few hours at Bari airport everything went smoothly.

Should you decide to use the airline be certain to purchase the "correct" weight limits for your luggage as they are sticklers regarding luggage, hand luggage and weights limits.

Volotea is a low cost airline ... and you often get what you pay for (delays, cancellations etc ) ... worth bearing in mind if you are on a strict schedule. Personally, I would use them again.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
136 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bari to Santorini in June

Thank you very much for your reply... I think we will just have probably do a connecting flight, it seems as though you are right about the Friday flight being the only one so far!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
136 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bari to Santorini in June

Just an update in case anyone else is looking around, I took a look at the Volotea site today and they've released their summer sched for the Bari-Thira route. Looks like they'll have a few a week by the end of June. Lucky us, they start June 2!

4. Re: Bari to Santorini in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2014, 05:16