We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greece in February

Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Greece in February

Hello everyone,

My fiance and me are planning a trip to Greece in the first week of February 2014 to celebrate our getting engaged. I have heard about the the cold and windy climate in the glades around February. We intend to go to Athens Crete and Santorini in around 10 days from Feb 10 to Feb 20. Since we are from India we really don't care much about the sun and warmth as we have a overdose of that back in India ohh and ya we would like the tranquility of deserted places . However, we do care about missing out on some unique stuff that might be closed the winter. In all probability we won't be returning to Greece as there are a lot of place to explore while we can. My question would be would we miss out on a lot of stuff which is unique to Greece and can't be missed at any cost.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Greece in February

It's not only 'some unique stuff' that may be closed or operating reduced hours in winter. Transportation will be limited too, especially on and between islands. Have you given any thought to how you're going to travel between your destinations? By ferry? Air? Will you be hiring a car?

Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Greece in February

As for traveling between Athens Crete and Santorini we would be flying. Aegenair is offering pretty decent fares at around 60 euros each flight. As for traveling withing Athens we would be using taxi or public transportation as per Convenience for Santorini our preferred mode of transport will be hiring a car. And for Crete we haven't given it a thought as such. We were planning to use ferry for inter island transport but it's time consuming and we would rather save our precious time as we ha ve only abt 10 days.

Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Greece in February

As for traveling between Athens Crete and Santorini we would be flying. Aegenair is offering pretty decent fares at around 60 euros each flight. As for traveling withing Athens we would be using taxi or public transportation as per Convenience for Santorini our preferred mode of transport will be hiring a car. And for Crete we haven't given it a thought as such. We were planning to use ferry for inter island transport but it's time consuming and we would rather save our precious time as we ha ve only abt 10 days.

Edited: 29 October 2013, 11:11
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,436 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Greece in February

flying is the best way to do it,ferrys are indeed time consuming and unreliable at this time of the year..i say go for it,since you don't expect beach weather or lots of ''open'' places you will love it..choose fira in santorini,it's the village with most life in the winter..here is a trip report and beautiful photos from someone who stayed the whole february in santorini(in oia village,but it mentions fira too)..

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g482941-i9230-k6…

5. Re: Greece in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2014, 05:19