We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santorini

Marine on Saint...
1 post
Save Topic
Santorini

I have a quick business trip to Athens January 9 and 10. My wife and I would like to visit Santorini for 4 days after that. I know it is an unusual time to go but I have no choice, any recommendations on where to stay and what to do in the off season. Also any tips on the best way to get from Athens to Santorini and back will be appreciated

Steve

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,143 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santorini

Flying is best and only takes 30 minutes on Olympic Air or Aegean Airlines. The ferry takes 8 hours.

Your hotel choices are somewhat limited. Start with these: http://www.santorini.com/hotels/allyear.htm

Not sure what's open in the off-season for activities.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5,116 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Santorini

santorini last february

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g482941-i9230-k6…

Level Contributor
14 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santorini

More and more properties are staying open on Santorini in winter, mainly due to the influx of year-round visitors from China. The island is FABULOUS off season, obviously it's much quieter and the seascapes from the caldera can be stunning...!

4. Re: Santorini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2015, 06:17