We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferries in April

Seville, Spain
Level Contributor
75 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Ferries in April

Hello!

I've spent a good amount of time exploring the forums for ferry info, I have the sites with timetables but can't figure out how to actually book it from there?

My plan right now is to fly into Athens April 10th, and I'll leave April 20th. This is right around Easter and I read on the forums it can be difficult to book ferries. Do you think it's too late to make this work??

I have not booked my flight yet but was planning to on Tuesday. Also I was looking at doing Santorini and one other island...but would be willing to keep it to one island if it's the only way to make the trip work.

Thank you!!

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,768 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ferries in April

If you are returning to Athens before the Easter weekend you will be fine. Just buy ferry tickets when you get there. Ferries out of Athens won't get busy until the last few days before Easter and when you return you will be travelling against the flow. Note that you will not be able to travel on ferries at all on Easter Sunday (April 20th) as the ferries don't run.

Seville, Spain
Level Contributor
75 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ferries in April

My flight into Athens arrives Friday the 11th and I'm thinking I'll either take the Saturday or Sunday ferry to Santorini, so that'll be the 12/13th...and then coming back I want to give myself a full extra day so I'll probably leave Friday the 18th to Athens to make sure I'm back in time for my flight on the 19th at 2pm.

Do you think I would need to be worried about the ferry on the 18th selling out(Santorini/Naxos-Ath)? I'm sort of leaning towards just booking everything through Blue Star now so I don't have to stress...

Thank you again!

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
6,995 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Ferries in April

If your dates are fixed, you can book ahead with Blue Star if you wish, and that's better than stressing for the next three months. Blue Star is ultra-reliable, so the published schedules are unlikely to change. I agree with others that it's probably unnecessary, but if you get that one task out of the way, your mind will be free to stress on other things. lol! ;-)

Seville, Spain
Level Contributor
75 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Ferries in April

Great I will go ahead and do that :) Thank you so much to all the trip advisors who helped me. I have been dreaming of going to Greece for so long and am so excited it's finally becoming a reality!

15. Re: Ferries in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2015, 06:30