We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go please?

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go please?

We are looking at going to Santorinin for the first time in September 2014, Were is the best place to go, that is quite, has nice places to eat and close to a beach?

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,328 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go please?

Perissa and Kamari see two two main beach resorts.

Ate you aware that its not fine, white sand but black, volcanic grit and rocks thatncknfinirninto the water?

Look at the 'things to do' Tav at the top of the page.

Otherwise, use the search function and you'll see these questions have been answered previously.

Edited: 09 March 2014, 12:53
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,674 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go please?

Hi,

Sorry, wrong island if good beaches are required.

Beaches are black sand/grit/pebbles typical of volcanic islands, if you are happy with that then Kamari beach or Perissa would suit. Very similar medium resorts a bit Costafied, both with long volcanic type beaches.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,290 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go please?

The best swimming on the island of Santorini isn't at one of the beaches but below Oia at the end of the seawall that begins to the left of the wharf in Amoudi Bay. It's only about 1/4 mile hike. There's no beach there but there are large rocks and a man-made platform for sunbathing. You can also swim out to the little rock island to sunbathe on another platform. Wear some sturdy shoes to climb over the loose rocks and this is what you'll find a the end of the trail: …staticflickr.com/4101/5435119384_d65cf51020…

There are some excellent fish tavernas right on the water in Amoudi Bay.

Edited: 09 March 2014, 18:15
Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,090 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go please?

September is still busy, but not as manic as the peak summer, July/August. It starts to get a lot quieter the later in September you go.

As advised in #1, if a beach is high on your priority list, look at Kamari or Perissa, lots of excellent hotels, restaurants, bars and cafes in both places.

If you need hotel recommendations, please let us know your maximum nightly room budget, in €, not £ if possible, plus any other must haves/nice to haves etc etc etc

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,328 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go please?

Sorry for the earlier gibberish. It should have said:

Are you aware that its not fine, white sand but black, volcanic grit and rocks that continue into the water?

Look at the 'things to do' tab at the top of the page.

Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go please?

Here is a very good site showing most beaches on Santorini. Personally I LOVE them more then fine sanded beaches anywhere else. The water is so, so clear and so refreshing and I hate to get sand in every corner of my body, towels and bags and I hate luke warm water....but that's me! angelfire.com/super2/greece/santorini-beache…

And here is my Santorini Trip Ideas for things to do, see and where to eat and club! Enjoy!

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i36651-Santorin…

Ingela

Edited: 10 March 2014, 08:32
Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to go please?

Sorry, this is the site for the beaches (click on Santorini beaches)

angelfire.com/super2/…santorini-beaches.html

Ingela

Edited: 10 March 2014, 08:35
8. Re: Where to go please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2015, 05:17