We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is There Such a Thing as a Budget Hotel in Santorini?

concord nh
Level Contributor
3,111 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Is There Such a Thing as a Budget Hotel in Santorini?

Greetings: Thinking about an Oct. trip to Santorini and while I'm not cheap I am economically minded. My idea of a budget accommodation is under 60/euros a night. Don't need to be in the middle of everything as long as it's clean, safe and centrally located enough to walk to views, shops, tavernas, etc. Need studio with private bathroom, kitchenette and balcony or terrace, not necessary for caldera view but some view would be nice. Oia would be my first choice but open to others that would be less touristy (is there such a thing in Santorini?) with decent bus transportation to get around island.

benidorm
Level Contributor
749 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is There Such a Thing as a Budget Hotel in Santorini?

Try travelrepublic.co.uk. Studios from around €15 a night upwards in October.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,688 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is There Such a Thing as a Budget Hotel in Santorini?

There are lots of hotels for €60 or less, especially in October. For starters check Villa Fotini, Anemomilos Suites, Anemomilos Villas, Maryloujohn Villas and Villa Manos. You can also use the filter system on http://www.booking.com to search for more.

Oia will be calm in October.

The island has an excellent bus system based in Fira. http://www.ktel-santorini.gr

Edited: 13 March 2014, 19:58
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,229 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is There Such a Thing as a Budget Hotel in Santorini?

Hi,

Of course there is, just ignore US/ROW postings....about Caldera views and all such stuff.

East side of Fira town and everywhere else like Kamari Beach, Perissa and loads of places inside/outside the villages on the island.

There is more budget accommodation than anything else.

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
42 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is There Such a Thing as a Budget Hotel in Santorini?

in booking.com I found lots of good hostels in the center of Fira(the capital of the island and the main village with the bug station, stores, restaurant, etc.) that take 40-50e or even less per night, and it includes breakfast(some of them).

concord nh
Level Contributor
3,111 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is There Such a Thing as a Budget Hotel in Santorini?

OK . . . will check out the recommendations mentioned. Already did booking.com but thought there were be something not listed there and possibly some knowledgeable experts on Santorini to help.

Thanks!

concord nh
Level Contributor
3,111 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is There Such a Thing as a Budget Hotel in Santorini?

Anyone know of the ECOXENIA STUDIO? Looks great on the web site and got an offer of 40/euros a night for a studio

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,842 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is There Such a Thing as a Budget Hotel in Santorini?

Does this mean you're no longer looking at Fira?

Taken from reviews of the Ecoxenia "It's a 20 or so minute walk mostly uphill to town" Are you OK with this?

Also, take a look at the bus schedule posted by BLL in #2, it's currently on the winter schedule and is a good indication of how many buses there are likely to be in October. If you're looking to travel around the island extensively, you may end up waiting longer than you'd planned or wanted. Especially as you'll need to transfer in Fira for most other destinations (it's the transport hub of the island).

In Fira, you could see if either Maria or Sofi offer a kitchenette.

www.roomstoletmaria.gr

sofiroomscaldera.com

Otherwise, use the search function to see where this topic had been discussed previously. It defaults to 'relevance', change it to 'date' for more recent answers.

Good luck.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,688 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is There Such a Thing as a Budget Hotel in Santorini?

Ecoxenia is a long walk into Oia up unusually steep road, so be prepared for some vigorous exercise.

concord nh
Level Contributor
3,111 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is There Such a Thing as a Budget Hotel in Santorini?

OK . . . that's why I ask questions . . . to get up-to-date info from people have knowledge of the island. I'll probably concentrate on the Oia area and I have heard good things about Villa Fotini and just sent a request for an offer on a studio.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,688 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is There Such a Thing as a Budget Hotel in Santorini?

Villa Fotini is nowhere near Oia. It's in Firostefani, which is right next to Fira.