We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi - Airport to Kamari

Torquay
Level Contributor
34 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi - Airport to Kamari

Going to Santorini for the first time at the end of June and we were wondering whether it would be best to book transfers or rely on getting a taxi for our transfers to and from Kamari. Our flight doesn't arrive until 23.20 so would it be better to pre-book? I've had a quote from Resorthoppa of £55 for the return trip for 2 people (Don't want to bother with shared shuttles). This seems a bit excessive as I think it's only a 10 minute transfer.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,192 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi - Airport to Kamari

No need to worry - there will be taxis waiting outside the arrivals hall, don't bother pre booking anything.

Also, see if your hotel does transfers, and if so, how much they cost.

Here's a link to the taxi company, with current prices, althuogh they've tarted the site up for this year and it doesn't give its information up easliy as it used to.

http://santorini-taxi.gr/index.php

Shepperton, United...
Level Contributor
843 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi - Airport to Kamari

If I'm reading the fare charges on http://santorini-taxi.gr/index.php correctly, then it's 45euro one way to/from any location except Oia which is 55euro....so your return journey to Kamari from/to the airport would be 90euro! On that basis resorthoppa would seem to be a fairly good deal, although I agree that 55euro return for a 10min ride is still pretty stiff. If you can share the ride with another couple, possibly 'arranged' by the taxi driver, then it's 10euro a head (but I bet you still end up paying the 45!)

As bigsnitch says, lots of the hotels/accom in Kamari do offer free or chargeable transfers so it's got to be worth checking with wherever you're staying. I'm staying in Perissa at the end of July and then Fira 2nd week August and both accoms offer free port/airport transfers....although I'm now going to be all over them on email to confirm. I think the previous taxi charges were something like 25euro Airport-Perissa and 15euro Perissa-Athinas Port and about the same from Port to Fira/Fira to Airport so if one of these connections went 'down' I could live with it....but 45euro each leg is waayyy too much, that's a nights stay most places I've booked!

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,642 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi - Airport to Kamari

I've been wondering just how long it would take the taxi company to raise their fares and now it's apparent they've figured it out. The flat rate for Oia>Airport/Ferry Port used to be €25. Now their "Per Person" rate allows them to pick up an extra €5 for two people and €20 for 4. On paper that's a lot of money. But on the other hand they state that one person can go from Oia to the airport for only €15, which is a significant discount over the old fare. It makes me wonder if they will actually accept a fare from just one person, knowing that they won't be making as much money as before but will still have the same fuel costs and time spent in transit. I suspect that there are going to be some angry tourists in the near future until the kinks are worked out of the new price structure.

Edited: 22 March 2014, 17:28
oldham
Level Contributor
987 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi - Airport to Kamari

We stayed for 1 night in kamari last September and hotel arranged transfer.Cost 15 euro for the 2 of us and was picked up in air con minibus ,only people on the bus to the airport!But was ripped off by taxi driver on arrival at the airport to the port for blue star ,he charged the two of us 30 euro!

5. Re: Taxi - Airport to Kamari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2015, 07:31