We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

santorini port and fira distance

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
santorini port and fira distance

Hello,

A friend and i will b going to Santorini via athens somewhere early May. will b staying in srirocco hotels and apartment in Fira. The hotel offered a taxi to pick us up for 15euros for 2 person. Just wondering is that a reasonable offer, or are there cheaper ways to get to fira, maybe by bus? According to the map, the distance isnt that far.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: santorini port and fira distance

Yes, there is a port bus for €2.2pp. You can easily walk to the Scirocco from the bus in 5 minutes. Just walk uphill from the bus terminal towards the caldera to the Atlantis Hotel at the top of the slope and look for a sign indicating the entrance.

Edited: 04 April 2014, 05:24
London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,244 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: santorini port and fira distance

Yes, the bus is the cheapest.

However, the hotel (where I've stayed before) will have someone assist you with your luggage.

Are you capable of carrying your bags from the bus station up the (cobbled) hill to the Atlantis Hotel and then down to the next level to the Scirocco, which itself has seven levels. The Reception is at the first level. The rooms are below this.

I'm all for saving money, but this could be €15 well spent.

I'll be making the same journey in September, but I pack light - my bag only weighs 11-13kg (plus a small day pack).

Your choice.

Edited: 04 April 2014, 07:18
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,584 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: santorini port and fira distance

I would take up the offer of a taxi, it's reasonable. The bus from the port to Fira is crammed to the roof

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: santorini port and fira distance

Thank you for all your replies.... i think i ll go with the taxi... ! getting my luggage up a crammed up bus and the walk up the cobbled hill with the luggage sounds too much of a hassle.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,244 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: santorini port and fira distance

To have something to look forward to, here's some photos I took in and around the Scirocco's pool a few years back:

https:/…

6. Re: santorini port and fira distance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2015, 06:16