We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bodrum/Kos to Santorini?

Westchester, NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Bodrum/Kos to Santorini?

We're a family of 4 traveling in August from Turkey to Santorini. Trying to find the best way to get to Santorini. Would welcome any thoughts. Thanks!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,462 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bodrum/Kos to Santorini?

Bluestar ferries, 19:45 on Mon, Wed, Fri.

However, my thoughts once on Kos would be to go the Dodecanese islands either north to Patmos and Samos, or south to Nisyros, Tilos and Rhodes.

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,628 posts
889 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bodrum/Kos to Santorini?

Santorini will be very very busy in August and very expensive for accommodation. Wherever you go you should book fairly well in advance. I think Retired Hippy's advice is very good. Stay in the Dodecanese and consider including Ikaria in your choice set.

Leave Santorini for another quieter time

Durban...
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bodrum/Kos to Santorini?

Hi. Can anybody help. I have booked accommodation in Bodrum and in Santorini. I was told by a "friend" dont worry lots of ferries. but not on this route and arriving 2am in the morning. how does one get from the port at that time. i am getting very nervous anyone please help

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,071 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bodrum/Kos to Santorini?

Arriving at which port at 2am: Bodrum or Santorini?

If Santorini, you'll need to arrange either a hotel transfer or a taxi.

Durban...
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bodrum/Kos to Santorini?

thanks Kennydon, our hotel is collecting us at 01h10. is there a reason for such outragous timetables. we are coming from south africa, where everyone is in bed by 10pm. think we will have to have a change of bodyclock

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,992 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bodrum/Kos to Santorini?

This ferry travels between Rhodes and Athens. Santorini and Kos are just stops along the route. Its departure from Rhodes is calculated so that its arrival in Athens is at a decent hour.

Edited: 29 May 2014, 20:37
London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,071 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bodrum/Kos to Santorini?

Sorry, I'm far from an expert on ferry timetables. I'm sure there *must* be a rhyme or reason to them somewhere, but I don't know it.

Enjoy your trip.

8. Re: Bodrum/Kos to Santorini?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2015, 11:41
Edited: 07 April 2015, 11:41
Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bodrum/Kos to Santorini?

The ferry doesn't dock at the port with the cable car. You'll arrive at the port of Athinios, 10km away from Fira. There are no direct alternatives from Kos, there are some options via Rhodes (Blue Star and ANEK ferry, Aegean Air flight) or Syros (ferry) but travel will take considerably longer.

BTW, Blue Star is Mon-Wed-Fri

Edited: 30 May 2014, 08:57
Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,628 posts
889 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bodrum/Kos to Santorini?

Jeff_S

There will be taxis at the port, perhaps even buses if you are arriving in August. Best would be to get your hotel to pick you up.