We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't find a ferry from Santorini to Amorogos...HELP! (plz)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Can't find a ferry from Santorini to Amorogos...HELP! (plz)

I am going from Santorini to Amorgos on the 2nd of June but can't find any ferry going between these places!!

I don't want to go ahead and book the accommodation for a specific date and then not be able to get there.

I have looked on so many ferry websites and can't find anything... can someone tell me if this route is possible?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,221 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't find a ferry from Santorini to Amorogos...HELP! (plz)

Quite straightforward.

On 1 June 11:30 Express Skopelitis does the route direct to Amorgos(Katapola) via Ios. It's cheap as well.

On 2 June 11:50 take the Highspeed 5 to Naxos, then 14:00 Express Skopelitis to Amorgos(Egiali, Katapola), or the 23:05 Bluestar to Amorgos(Egiali).

Naxos is the usual island for a connection to Amorgos.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,666 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't find a ferry from Santorini to Amorogos...HELP! (plz)

There will be no direct ferry on Monday, June 2, between Santorini and Amorgos. You have to change your departure date to Sunday, then you can leave at 11:30am on the Small Cyclades Lines ship the "Express Skopelitis."

But if you can get the 11:50am Hellenic Seaways ferry to Naxos on that Monday there are ferries that go to Amorgos, departing at 2:00pm and 11:05pm.

See ferry schedules here: http://www.gtp.gr

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't find a ferry from Santorini to Amorogos...HELP! (plz)

Ok wonderful. Thank you so much guys!

Just a question so if I change the day I leave to Sunday to get from Santorini to Amorgos will that ferry you talked about the 'Express Skopelitis' go straight there - I mean do I have to get on and off any other ferries?

Thank you

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't find a ferry from Santorini to Amorogos...HELP! (plz)

Sorry guys, I've actually found the journey departing at 11:30 and arriving at 16:25.

I was wondering if you think I should book online or wait until I go there. Can you buy the tickets on arrival at the port.

Thanks

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,666 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can't find a ferry from Santorini to Amorogos...HELP! (plz)

The Express Skopelitis is not a large ferry. It wouldn't hurt to book in advance if possible but you can wait until you get to Santorini to do so. Find a travel office in whichever village you're staying.

Edited: 27 April 2014, 18:05
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can't find a ferry from Santorini to Amorogos...HELP! (plz)

Can anyone recommend the easiest way to get from Amrogos to Crete (closest terminal to Chania Airport). From my research I think it is through Santorini to Heraklion (Crete) but not sure exactly so some advice would be great. And it also looks quite expensive doing that route.

Thanks

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,221 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can't find a ferry from Santorini to Amorogos...HELP! (plz)

That's why I suggested changing days. The ferry is cheap and direct stopping at Ios. All ferries make intermediate island stops in the Cyclades group of islands. It's an odd direction you want to go and Amorgos has a much smaller number of tourists (good thing....).

You can't 'book' the Express Skopelitis, buy tickets whilst in Santorini should be no problem in early June. At the port ticket agencies or in Fira town. I don't know the specific agency but one will sell tickets for that boat, just ask.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,666 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can't find a ferry from Santorini to Amorogos...HELP! (plz)

Without returning to Athens for a flight or a direct ferry to Chania, your only option is by ferry back through Santorini to Heraklion, then a bus or rental car to Chania.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,221 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can't find a ferry from Santorini to Amorogos...HELP! (plz)

Yes, Crete is via Santorini and Heraklion. In that case you are forced to take an expensive fast ferry from Santorini to Heraklion quite a distance. There is cheaper slow ferry but only one per week Sat 03:40 the 'Preveli'.

Essex
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Can't find a ferry from Santorini to Amorogos...HELP! (plz)

You might possibly find a ferry once or twice a week from Santorini to Rethymnon which is about half-way between Heraklion and Chania. Seajets are providing a service twice a week in May, but the catamaran that's running that service (Masterjet) is scheduled to sail daily to Heraklion from June to August - I don't know if they'll be able to find a replacement for it.