We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help using Bus Fira to Akrotiri and then on to Oia

Blue Bell...
Level Contributor
179 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Help using Bus Fira to Akrotiri and then on to Oia

Hi everyone,

I found a Santorini bus schedule at: ktel-santorini.gr/ktel/images/pdfs/ktel.pdf

Now I am trying to figure out if I can get from Fira to Akrotiri, from there to Oia, and then back to Fira, I need to understand if I have to get off the Akrotiri to Fira bus to board the Oia bound bus.

I think it is 20 minutes from Fira to Akrotiri so boarding the bus at 10:00 and arriving at 10:20

Then time to see Akrotiri site

Then board bus to go to Oia.

So I think I can catch the 12:20 bus from Akrotiri bound for Fira, and then where to I get off the Fira bound bus to get the Oia bound bus?

I hope to catch 15:35 bus from Oia to be back in Fira by 15:45

Thanks for your help - ευχαριστώ για τη βοήθειά σας

Ellen

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Fira
Fira
Santorini, Greece
Akrotiri
Akrotiri
Santorini, Greece
Oia
Oia
Santorini, Greece
London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
15,451 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help using Bus Fira to Akrotiri and then on to Oia

The Akrotiri - Fira bus will arrive at the Fira bus depot. Stay on board until it gets here - trust me, you'll know it when you see it. It isn't that large.

From Fira, the village of Akrotiri comes first, then the diggings and finally Akrotiri Beach - where the bus turns around for the return journey. At the diggings, the conductor will usually yell out Akrotiri archaeological site or 'diggings' depending on how he's feeling.

You'll get the Fira - Oia bus at the same depot. Most buses will have the destination in the front window either on a written board or dot matrix scrolling across the window. If it doesn't, just join everyone else in asking one of the employees who will be around. (They're sometimes not that cute and cuddly, but answering the same questions day in and day out would test the patience of a saint).

Edited: 07 May 2014, 17:15
Mentioned in this post
Akrotiri
Akrotiri
Santorini, Greece
Fira
Fira
Santorini, Greece
Oia
Oia
Santorini, Greece
Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help using Bus Fira to Akrotiri and then on to Oia

All buses on the island arrive and depart at the same place in Fira.

Mentioned in this post
Fira
Fira
Santorini, Greece
Blue Bell...
Level Contributor
179 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help using Bus Fira to Akrotiri and then on to Oia

Thank you.

Edited: 07 May 2014, 17:40
4. Re: Help using Bus Fira to Akrotiri and then on to Oia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 06:17