We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santorini weddings

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Santorini weddings

I am currently starting to plan my wedding in Santorini and just wondering if anyone knows how many days we have to be there before our wedding? I've had some conflicting advice, some say 3 days before and some say a week.

Thanks

Lucy

newcastle -upon-tyne
Level Contributor
458 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Santorini weddings

your wedding planner if you are using one which i suggest you do will know the answer to that my daughter got married two years ago and was on the island for two weeks . they know the ins and outs as it can be complicated the paper work uk side needs to be right so get a wedding planner it will save you a lot of worry enjoy your day

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santorini weddings

Thank you, I've been emailing divine weddings and they have been very helpful. We'll be going for 2 weeks but was more thinking of our guests if they are only going for a week and trying to plan our wedding date. We're booking our holiday through Olympic and noticed on their wedding info it said we have to be there a week before we're married. But everything else ive read says there is no legal requirement just to be there a couple of days before so we can go through the last details with the planner.

3. Re: Santorini weddings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 May 2014, 09:35
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santorini weddings

Hi, we are getting married in a few weeks. We are on the island for 10days before the ceremony, but the legal requirement is 7days. We allowed 10 days to give the guests that are flying out for the 1 week a few days to relax before the ceremony as the majority of flights from the UK are on a Tuesday only.

Although some of the local wedding planners state its less than 7 days, the advice does conflict with the UK travel agencies (Thomason, Olymic, Thomas Cook) and personally I didnt think it was worth the risk. You will find the same conflicting infomation regarding Certifcate of No Impediment validiy. x

Edited: 29 May 2014, 13:12
Derby, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santorini weddings

Thanks MrsLAJ for your reply. I'm still confused by this, the wedding planner I'm using in Santorini says there is no legal requirement but like you say some of the UK travel agencies say a week. Think I'll try and speak to the Greek Embassy and see if they can give me a definite answer.

Very exciting for you that your wedding is in a few weeks, where you having it? have a fab time x

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Santorini weddings

It is confusing, and I'm not sure what evidence they'll have to know how long you are in resort for. Our ceremony is at the santo winery - getting exciting now! It's a big relief once everything is booked and legal aspects finalised,

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you need any further assistance x

Leyland, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Santorini weddings

I got married on Saturday, you need to be in the country 1 working day after the wedding.

Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Santorini weddings

I have attended 2 weddings as a guest in Santorini and both couples were there about 3 days. There is no need to be there for a certain period of time but it's good to have some days to relax.

9. Re: Santorini weddings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2016, 07:17