We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
54 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

Hi,

Ive heard it gets really windy in Santorini and i was wondering if thats true for Mid May as well.

I am travelling to Santorini in Mid may and was wondering what to pack... would dresses/shorts and t-shirts suffice for the day, with maybe a thin jacket and jeans for the evenings?

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
5,590 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

May can be unpredictable - last year it was very windy all through the month, but I've been in May before and we had a heatwave.

You need to be prepared for sun, wind and rain in May - take a couple of longer sleeved garments, maybe a light jacket, shawls, wraps, that sort of thing for the evenings if it gets cooler.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,192 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

It was VERY windy last year, but according to reports so far, this year is better. Late July / August is when the main Meltemi winds are expected.

Just keep an eye on a weather report and put in appropriate clothing the night before.

3. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 06:17