We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help me pick 4 restaurants!

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
211 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Please help me pick 4 restaurants!

Hi!

My husband and I will be arriving in Santorini during the 2nd week of June. We only have 4 nights, then we are off to Crete. We will be spending our anniversary in Santorini, will be staying in Oia at IKIES, and will have a car for part of the time.

Only 4 nights... but SO many great restaurants!!

Please help me choose from this list-

Ambrosia (already booked for our anniversary)

Ochre

Roka

Metaxi Mas

Skala

Kyprida

Thanks in advance!

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,958 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help me pick 4 restaurants!

Metaxi Mas for me. Remember to book and specify their outdoor terrace for the evening session if this is what you want. This terrace isn't opened for the lunch session.

They open for lunch at 2.00pm (I believe).

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
5,907 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help me pick 4 restaurants!

Metaxi Mas for sure. Not only is it amazing food, it gets you out of the Oia ghetto for a night too.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,818 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help me pick 4 restaurants!

Drive down below Oia to one of the fish tavernas on the wharf in Amoudi Bay.

Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help me pick 4 restaurants!

Metaxi Mas for sure, but book in advance!! Skala is ok, Kyprida is good, 1800 is not my favorite and just know from friends that Roka and Ocre are good.

I would do Metaxi Mas, Katina or Dimitris Tavern in the port of Oia (Ammoudi) and Melitini tripadvisor.co.nz/ShowUserReviews-g482941-d6…

Other very good ones on the island are http://www.seaside-restaurant.gr/ Agios Georgos beach, http://www.aegialos-beach.com/ on Exo Gialos beach.

Ingela

Edited: 25 May 2014, 17:58
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help me pick 4 restaurants!

Hey and welcome seekinsun:-) Haven't been to Metaxi Mas yet, but on my list for next time as well;-) Agree to head down to Ammoudi just below Oia.. there are 3 tavernas right on the water.. Katerina's. Sunset and Dimitri's all the way at the end;-) Haven't managed to get past Katerina's, lol!

Another option you may want to consider is Kastro where you can get a table with a sunset view.. am sure the fabulous staff at Ikies will be able to make arrangements for you;-) FWIW, you're staying at a magnificent property.. Happy Anniversary.. and Enjoy!

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
985 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help me pick 4 restaurants!

Katina,s down on the wharf that BrotherLee mentions.....A must...

London
Level Contributor
437 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help me pick 4 restaurants!

Just to add to the confusion - I'd recommend Aegialos at Exo Gonia. Our favourite.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,958 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help me pick 4 restaurants!

I'd say Aegialos is situated at Agios Georgos beach (as per Ingela's post at #4), rather than Exo Gonia.

Lovely little beach restaurant with good cooking.

Another restaurant further down the eastern shore is Galini. It's between Monolithos and Kamari (closer to Kamari) and looks over to Anafi.

London
Level Contributor
437 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please help me pick 4 restaurants!

Exo Gialos you mean?

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
211 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please help me pick 4 restaurants!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! OK.... so we are definitely going to try Metaxi Mas, and either Katerina's or Dimitris in Ammoundi. Then, as I mentioned, we are booked at Ambrosia. I think I'll leave the 4th spot open, and take my chances on getting into some of your other restaurant suggestions. Thanks so much!