We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ROMANi Tour Car Rental -> Scam

Penang
9 posts
Save Topic
ROMANi Tour Car Rental -> Scam

Pls don't rent your car or do anything with this company! It's a total SCAM! I've rented their car and purchase the 300 excess damage insurance. When we get the car , the car was in total poor and dirty condition when we get the car, we didn't really check it and sign the agreement with the staff. After we've return the car at the airport and left for another city, suddenly I receive a SMS from my credit card company saying that I'm charged for 85 Euro without my consent. I was really mad and called the company, he said that we've scratched their car and he will send me the email later.

Pls be really careful of this company ROMANI when you rent your car in Santorini.

P.S: I've read some of others review in tripadvisor and I actually feel lucky to be charged less for the same incident!

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
5,997 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ROMANi Tour Car Rental -> Scam

OK, I think you've made your point now - we get the message.

9 posts in 24 hours all on the same subject - please don't post any more like this or Trip Advisor is going to be thinking that you're a scammer yourself and delete your posts.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
237 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ROMANi Tour Car Rental -> Scam

I am pretty sure this is a scam, as it worded almost the same as George T's post on here,

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189433-i245-k71…

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
5,997 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ROMANi Tour Car Rental -> Scam

I was beginning to think that too - I've been going to Santorini for 15 years and have never heard of anyone having problems with Romani before.

I don't drive when I'm on Santorini, but friends of mine have regularly rented from Romani in Perissa with no problems whatsoever, so to have such a spate of attacks in such a short time smell a bit fishy to me, especially as the OP only joined TA 24 hours ago.

I've reported all of the OPs posts to TripAdvisor as SPAM - let them check them out.

Penang
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ROMANi Tour Car Rental -> Scam

Go read the stories again ! You will be surprise when there's other ppl who encountered the same exact stories as I did! I was, at least .

Yea you are right I just join not more than 24 hours, I joined because I want to post this story to warn the others !

Penang
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ROMANi Tour Car Rental -> Scam

Go read the stories again ! You will be surprise when there's other ppl who encountered the same exact stories as I did! I was, at least .

Yea you are right I just join not more than 24 hours, I joined because I want to post this story to warn the others !

Penang
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: ROMANi Tour Car Rental -> Scam

I've read the stories and I felt so surprise someone actually encountered the same incident as I did ! Here I'm just here to warn, believe it or not , it's totally up to you ! And you are right , I just join not more than 24 hours!

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,073 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ROMANi Tour Car Rental -> Scam

What we're saying is that if you search out each and every hire car posting (or create new ones) to describe this, it damages your credibility. It goes from 'oh, he had a problem' and 'pay attention' to 'oh, him again'.

Any more than two such posts and I tend to report as spam.

London, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: ROMANi Tour Car Rental -> Scam

I have had many good experiences using Romani Cars and never been SCAMMED...

You seem to have had a problem, but the best way to deal with this is to contact them in person and sort things out.

Accusing a reputable and well known company like this, does you no favours and as you have seen, will simply lead to YOU being labeled as a Spammer.

Contact Romani, I am sure your issues will be dealt with properly.

9. Re: ROMANi Tour Car Rental -> Scam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2015, 05:16