We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue star delos seating help

Mumbai...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Blue star delos seating help

HI i am travelling to Santorini from Piraeus on 16th August 2014, which is a saturday. I am just so confused with the number of options they show while booking the tickets. Firstly should we really book in advance or a last minute booking is fine too. This being the peak season, will the ferry be sold out if we book last minute. ANd what is the difference between the VIP Lounge, Cabin - 4(external) and (internal).

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,565 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue star delos seating help

Here you can get an idea of the Blue Star ferries:

http://tinyurl.com/399hk6x

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue star delos seating help

Blue Star Delos does not have a VIP lounge. Are you confusing them with some other ferry? Hellenic Seaways? They have VIP class (but do not have cabins but on some 3rd party websites they show up in drop down menus). Unless you want to travel by overnight ferry or you're very tired, you do not need a cabin. Blue Star Air lounges are perfectly adequate for a journey during the day. There have been numerous discussions on this forum which type of Blue Star seating is best, all have their drawbacks. Use the search box above to read the opinions. Check the Blue Star website-> Our Fleet-> choose your vessel and click 'Panoramas' to see the interior.

No one has a crystal ball, you may be OK buying on the day or you may be out of luck. The Delos holds 2400 passengers but it's peak season and it serves other popular islands on route (Paros and Naxos)

Edited: 10 July 2014, 10:54
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,330 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue star delos seating help

Hi,

Weekend on the peak of peak season. It's quite obvious you should book.

External means a cabin next to the hull usually with porthole, internal is inside 'facing' no porthole.

There are 4 berth(bed) cabins and 2 berth(bed) cabins. If 2 people want exclusive use of a 4 bed cabin then you are paying for the empty berths(beds). VIP is essentially a seat in first class lounge probably with waiter services and all that.

The decks, cafes, bars, restaurants are available to any class ticket.

Essentially Economy passengers are prevented from entering Business/VIP lounges without the appropriate ticket.

Mumbai...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue star delos seating help

thank you very much for the reply.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,818 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue star delos seating help

Yes, definitely pre-book for mid-August.

Porto Alegre, RS
Level Contributor
97 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue star delos seating help

Yes, you should book.

Regarding seating plans, I'd suggest the Air Seats, it costs 42 EUR/person and it is quite comfy, like the executive class seating on airplanes to be honest. Huge leather seats with a proper reclining..

I have no trouble sleeping on these seats and I guess the bed compartments are too much for the 8 hrs trip, IMO..

7. Re: Blue star delos seating help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 05:16