We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eloping in Santorini

Port Macquarie...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Eloping in Santorini

Hi to anyone reading this!

I'm from Australia and my partner and I are looking to Elope in Santorini in May 2015.

We're keeping it quite simple, no guests, no fancy reception etc. but what is of importance to us is; which motel/area we choose to hold the ceremony (with a spectacular view of course). A creative, fun and flexible photographer that will not only get great shots but won't rip us off. And a florist to provide a bouquet, maybe a floral crown and also the grooms boutonnière.

Even these simple yet important elements are all getting very confusing as there's so many options and I think making the right choice falls heavily on others experiences so if anyone has any suggestions I'd be more than happy to hear them to make our day as close to perfect as possible! X

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,668 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eloping in Santorini

Welcome to the forums,

Before you go any further, you need to do some reading about what legalities you have to comply with - from reading the forums in the past, they are involved and take time and money.

So, either search here (the search defaults to 'relevance', change it to 'date' for more recent answers), or elsewhere on the internet for 'legal requirements for marrying in Greece'. This is from the Aussie Embassy in Athens: www.greece.embassy.gov.au/athn/marriages.html

There are many discussions on the forum about wedding planners and what they do an don't do. You'll have to take the time to read through, make notes and contact those that sound possible see if its a 'good fit'.

I've never had to plan a wedding, so I'm afraid I can't offer any further information on the subject.

Edited: 14 August 2014, 14:59
Patras, Greece
Level Contributor
878 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eloping in Santorini

Good evening

Provided you want a civil ceremony and not Greek Orthodox, there are plenty of package deals. Just look at the Santorini thread.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,373 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Eloping in Santorini

hi since you are new to trip advisor,if you type ''marriage'' at the research bar at the top of this page we are now,previous answers will come up...but first check about the documents needed like kennydon said

Edited: 14 August 2014, 16:24
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
113 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eloping in Santorini

Hi katienijahughes ,

If you don't mind, let us know what challenges you face as well as any insights you may come upon. I proposed to my girlfriend at Santo Winery during sunset a few weeks back and we are exploring all options for next year :)

Patras, Greece
Level Contributor
878 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eloping in Santorini

Good evening AandA

Just for the record, did you propose before or after trying the wine?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
113 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eloping in Santorini

I only had a bit of wine that night. My main goal was to get my girlfriend tipsy so that she would say "yes"!

Patras, Greece
Level Contributor
878 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eloping in Santorini

I like it!

Good luck top both of you. Try Googling 'Santorina wedding' - lots of sites to look through.

Best wishes

Colin

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,469 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eloping in Santorini

Contact "Ingela A" by private message. She knows how to contact the correct office in Fira for scheduling a civil ceremony.

Kingston, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Eloping in Santorini

Hello,

For starters getting married in Santorini is an awesome idea. Good choice!!!

We got married on Santorini in September of 2012. Our ceremony was held at the Suites of the Gods Hotel. The venue directly overlooks the caldera and offered spectacular views of the island and Aegean Sea. Our wedding planner Michael was from www.weddings-in-santorini.com He helped make the planning effortless. Whatever we needed or wanted he made it happen. We did not use their photography, as we had our own, but did use their videographer and he did an amazing job. As far as the bouquet goes we used Bougainvillea that was cut from a tree in the court yard at our hotel. Whenever anyone sees our pictures they always comment on the bouquet. We know that Michael can help provide a professional bouquet as well. If you have any questions or would like to see some of our pictures of the venue just ask.

Cheers

Sarah & Chris

10. Re: Eloping in Santorini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 August 2014, 14:05