We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Women Traveling Alone

Oregon
2 posts
Save Topic
Women Traveling Alone

I will be staying alone on Santorini island for 4 nights. It has been about 4 years since I have been there and I'm wondering if it's still safe to walk around at night alone.

Also do you tell me of any nice places to go to in the evening for drinks and music in Fira?

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Fira
Fira
Santorini, Greece
ROME IT
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Women Traveling Alone

Santorini is one of the most beautifful and safe island of the world no problems at all if you walk around the streets either in night.

Which is your choise for the hotel taht you choose ?

Night life is excellant you may go to Koo, Enigma club and to Tango wich is on the cliff , for Greek live music try the 50-50 is the #1 at the moment for nice Greek live music.

Best Regards

Panos.

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Enigma Club
Enigma Club
35 Reviews
Santorini, Greece
New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Women Traveling Alone

I only went to Murphey's Bar, it has a lot of Americans and Brits but be aware that in Fira some of the bars charge a lot. When in Murhey's a few weeks ago these four people were drinking and when the tab came they all let out a "###". At 7.5 euros for a beer on tap it can add up fast. They do have bottled beer specials aat night for around 3 euros.

Mentioned in this post
Fira
Fira
Santorini, Greece
Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,220 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Women Traveling Alone

I don't know about now, but Two Brothers Bar used to be the place to go in Fira for cheap beers.

Mentioned in this post
Fira
Fira
Santorini, Greece
4. Re: Women Traveling Alone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 02:17