We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perivolos

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
81 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Perivolos

My husband Mike, daughter Hollie (15) and I, have booked a week's holiday to Santorini from 17th July .. staying in Perivolos as we wanted a beach base. (Would have loved to stay longer, but finance is tight at the mo)

Santorini is an island that has been on my MUST SEE list for years, and I feel very lucky that we have been able to squeeze a holiday in, financially, this year.

What must we see / do ?

The butterflies of excitement are starting already ...

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,023 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Perivolos

You'll have a great time! If the main archaeological site, Akrotiri, is open be sure to visit it. If you like hiking you can walk the trail between Fira and Oia and the one between Perissa and Kamari Beaches that passes by the archaeological site of Ancient Thera. The black sand beaches will be hot so be sure to bring flip-flops or nylon/rubber reef shoes to protect your feet. Make your way to Oia for a sunset, and once during the day for lunch at Katina's Fish Taverna on Amoudi wharf below Oia. There's a small Cycladic museum in Fira.

Even if it's tempting, please DON'T ride the poor abused donkeys down the steps to the water below Fira or Oia.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
81 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perivolos

Thank you for answering.

All advice taken on board and will be followed up.

Roll on July !

3. Re: Perivolos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 01:20