We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which part of Sifnos

london
1 post
Save Topic
Which part of Sifnos

Hi Guys,

Can you help. We're travelling to Sifnos in end August 2007 for one week.. We've done loads of islands, and our favourite are Folegandros and the other smaller typical Cycladic islands.. We love staying in villages in the interior, and are happy to jump on a moped to get to the beach..

Not too great surrounded with families and children (sorry) , and would rather immerse ourselves in Greek life, but with some bustle around us (ie Folegandros' central squares were heaven). Which part do we go to??

I'd love an apartment with a beautiful view, and quite traditional - any help?? Thanks Guys

Mentioned in this post
Sifnos
Sifnos
Cyclades, Greece
Folegandros
Folegandros
Cyclades, Greece
west sussex uk
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which part of Sifnos

Hi

As someone who loves Greece, but has children I can see where you're coming from!

Stay away from Kamares and the other seaside resorts as that's where all the families (like us!) have to go.

Sorry but can't help you with apartments in the Interior - try the Lonely Planet book - it's normally pretty good.

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Kamares
Kamares
Sifnos, Greece
Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,436 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which part of Sifnos

Also, I can't help with villas, but I have found this rare of things - a web site for Sifno with accommodation listed by location, on a map!

…e-sifnos.com/Sifnos_accommodation_EN.htm

Give it a try, it's really helped us. FYI. we are going to stay in Apollonia, as we seem to like the same as you.

P.S. We leave for Santorini tomorrow and will be in Folegandros, this time next weeek!!!, Then Sifnos, then Milos, then Symi

Have a good trip

Mentioned in this post
Apollonia
Apollonia
Sifnos, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Folegandros
Folegandros
Cyclades, Greece
Sifnos
Sifnos
Cyclades, Greece
Milos
Milos
Cyclades, Greece
Symi
Symi
Dodecanese, Greece
Dublin
Level Contributor
13 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which part of Sifnos

Hey info addict! Enjoy your trip. We depart next Friday - finally found ferry connections to Sifnos from Santorini.

Bandit0 email Sarah at the hotel Stavros,(find email details on Matt Barrett's Guide to Sifnos Accommodation) she's bound to know someone in Appolliana with a nice apt- that's the place I'd imagine would suit you. We're staying in Kamares although my boyfriend has an aversion to kids - oops!

Happy holidaying to you all :)

Mentioned in this post
Sifnos
Sifnos
Cyclades, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Kamares
Kamares
Sifnos, Greece
Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,436 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which part of Sifnos

Hey BanRi, So glad you managed to get your ferry sorted. What a result.

Let us know how your holiday went, when you get back and we can compare.

Happy hols to all.

5. Re: Which part of Sifnos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 22:19
Get answers to your questions about Sifnos