We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sifnos to Kusadasi or Izmir?

Sifnos, Greece
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sifnos to Kusadasi or Izmir?

Hello,

I am traveling from Sifnos to Istanbul. I thought of flying, but based on the ferry schedule I will have to spend the night in Athens to make my flight. I'd like to avoid that. Does anyone know about how get to Kusadasi and/or Izmir from SIfnos by ferry?

I know there are transfers involved. I can't seem to find this information online.

Thank you!

Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,699 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sifnos to Kusadasi or Izmir?

You'll need 3 ferries as a minimum and will have to spend more than one night on a boat or an island. Stick to Plan A.

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,519 posts
842 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sifnos to Kusadasi or Izmir?

It depends on the time of year, but even in the height of summer when lots of ferries are running it would be too complicated and time consuming - you would still have to get to Istanbul from within Turkey.

I think you need to fly from Athens airport (or you could look into a two leg flight via Athens with Aegean from Mykonos or Santorini.

Alternatively, you do not need to stay in Athens. You could stay in Piraeus or Rafina

3. Re: Sifnos to Kusadasi or Izmir?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2015, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Sifnos