We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reflections on Sifnos

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
302 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Reflections on Sifnos

Reflections on our 10 days on Sifnos. Looking back we have memories of some of the nicest people we've ever met. On our last morning in Kamares we walked along the port hugging people who knew us by name. Kelly at the Old Captain Bar, Monica at da Claudia restaurant, Christo (spelling is wrong I'm sure) from Cafe Stavros, Athina from Anemoatio Cafe, and of course Simeon from Simeon rooms. We have visited so many places in Europe but never before did we have this feeling of leaving so many friends. It is very hard to describe. Our visit to Agips Simeon (Saint Simeon) with a view of the entire island and most of the western Cyclades. Hiking to Agips Eustathios and the Agips Andreas, eating at Manoulis Taverna in Vathy, exploring Kastro in the early evening, so many wonderful meals on Kamares, the Italian cd cuts and cheese Monica prepared for our return ferry ride, and of course the Panagia at Christopigi. Drinks at the Old Captains Bat, dinners at da Claudia and coffee every morning at Anemoaotio cafe by the wharf., afternoon drinks at the same Cafe. The owner, Athina may be the nicest petsoni I ever met. Sifnos is a place that takes time to get to know. She needs to be courted and appreciated and in return she and her people will take you into their hearts. I write this sitting on the top deck of the Adam Korais, with Sifnos now out of sight. Out of sight, yes, but always input hearts.

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,319 posts
777 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reflections on Sifnos

Hello EastCoastTim

Many thanks for your post. I am so glad to read that you had such a good time on Sifnos and that the people were so nice. Sifnos and its people are very special. Next time we visit we will certainly do the walk to Agios Simeon. I look forward to your reviews of all the places you mention in your post.

How is it to be back on Nova Scotia?

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
302 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reflections on Sifnos

Just arrived home after spending 1 night in London. Yes I plan on doing a number of reviews once I get settled in. Thanks again for your feedback/suggestions.

3. Re: Reflections on Sifnos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Sifnos
Recent Conversations