We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM locations in Sifnos

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
ATM locations in Sifnos

Can you advise if there is an ATM in Platis Gialos? I have seen a few old posts mentioning ATMs in Apollonia and Kamares (nothing for Platis Gialos) but there was some concern with the cards not being returned or some other issue - are all the ATMs ok now?

We arrive by ferry into Kamares, can you advise the locations of the ATMs there and if they are easy to locate or any issues. Will many tavernas accept mastercard debit card and/or a mastercard or visa credit card? I just want to know if we are going to need cash for most of our dinners or if some will take either the debit or credit card. Thanks.

Thanks very much.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,756 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATM locations in Sifnos

Hi,

Your plastic cards are most useful for an ATM to get Euros cash Visa/Mastercard types are the most used. ALL tavernas/stores, ferry ticket agencies, take cash, only some will take plastic cards.

The location of ATMs is obvious. Kamares has only one main street so all you do is get off the ferry and walk straight up the main St. From what I recall it is very close to the ferry quay. Ask locally in Plati Gialos they will know for sure, again it is only one st.

Occasionally an ATM won't work a random thing out in the islands so you don't play it close as regards cash.

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,702 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATM locations in Sifnos

The ATM in Kamares is a free standing in a small brick/stone house close to the ferry and bus stop. I think you need the card to un-lock the door.

In Appolonia there is at least two near the main taxi stop. If I remember correct, the one is in the Alpha bank.

Dont know if there are any in Platys Gialos. No ATMs in Vathy, Faros or Kastro as far as I remember.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATM locations in Sifnos

Thanks for the info. Looks like Kamares and Apollonia are the 2 ATM locations on the island.

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,857 posts
934 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATM locations in Sifnos

There are ATMs in Kamares and Apolloina. Can't remember one in PG. Whether you can draw cash will depend in your card and the arrangement with your bank. I have never had it swallowed in Sifnos.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATM locations in Sifnos

Thanks NomadicTraveller7, my accommodation has now replied and advised there is no ATM in Platis Gialos so we will have to withdraw money in Kamares or Apollonia

6. Re: ATM locations in Sifnos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 06:16