We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

leros

Hull
Level Contributor
137 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
leros

Hi

has anyone been to Leros ?

I was wondering where to stay ?

I am looking at Panteli or Alinda. I am not bothered about raving nightlife, a good meal with a glass of wine will do. Also somewhere where there are some nice walks and a reasonable beach.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,786 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: leros

With your preferences I would definitely choose Panteli.

Dalton-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
549 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: leros

So would I!

London
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: leros

I would try either pandeli or vromolithos, because from there you are a close walk to platanos, good walks to Christos, the old street of platanos (kind of hidden street), another one of my favorite walks is from pandeli-spilia-vromolithos-agkira towards lakki, walking up the stairs from pandeli towards spilia, get lost in the little paths with the traditional houses and make sure you have your camera at the ready :)

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
925 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: leros

Hi, I would (and do) stay in Xerokampos in the south which is linked to Platanos and Alinda by a 3/4 times daily bus service. There are also taxis.

You can stay at Taverna Aloni, Maria rooms or Villa Alexandros, these can be booked by phoning (office hours) Katerina Mylonas (speaks english) 0030 from UK 22470 25000. If you dont fancy being a few kilometres from the main town Katerina can advise you about other rooms/villas nearer Pandeli etc.

Xerkampos is VERY quiet with 4 tavernas but has a nice beach and shallow sheltered swimming. You can catch a kaiki from the jetty to Kalymnos every day and return in the afternoon.

There are good walks especially to the old German/Italian barracks where there are spectacular wall paintings by the soldiers. There is the ancient Kastro and church above the village and another walk to the gun emplacements from where you can see over the whole island.

I am biased!!!

Koritsi

Kuala Lumpur
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: leros

Hello, we have been to Leros many many times. We always stay at Hotel Rodon, Spilia. Views over the panedli and vromothios bay/beaches. Dimitri cooks amazing mezes! Can walk for miles, but can take a scooter around for trips further a field. Enjoy!

6. Re: leros

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 10:19