We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Kalimnos

Which Kalymnos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Kalimnos

Hello there !

In process of booking flights from Athens to Kalimnos and back, as understand only small planes flying there and not so frequent.

My questions is which place would be the easiest to reach and book a hotel, in terms of transportation (arriving by air), beaches, shops, etc, on the island. Have some mobility issue, and I do not drive, so would stay put in one place.

thank you for any advice given!

merseyside
Destination Expert
for Kalymnos
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Kalimnos

Hi

Anywhere on Kalymnos is within reach, by bus and taxi. The nearest tourist destination is Panormos from the airport. Pothia is the main town, full of shops and restaurants along the harbour front. Further on from Panormos is Myrties then Massouri the main tourist area.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Kalimnos

Thank you sunnybun - will check on Pothia, which seems more alive, also Panormos area.

What I was trying to avoid is using public transportation to reach my hotel, somewhere close by with taxi.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
172 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Kalimnos

Pothia gets very busy and is also very hot i would recommend massouri every thing you could want you will find there.

Mick...

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Kalimnos

Thank you mike.

merseyside
Destination Expert
for Kalymnos
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Kalimnos

As chelseas has said Pothia is very busy and noisy and hot. Massouri is the main holiday area but there are steps down to the beach. Taxis are frequent and cheap.

6. Re: Trip to Kalimnos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2014, 06:19