We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport

Which Kalymnos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Airport

I can find only one tour operator(Thomas Cook) that flies direct to Kalymnos,anyone know of any others that do direct packages?

Looking at Sept this year,possibly at Elies Hotel.

Thanks,Sandy

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
172 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport

Dont think thomas cook fly direct to kalymnos to kos yes then to mastahari for the ferry to kalymnos . The flights to kaly are from athens a small internal flight only two a day I think....

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport

Don't think the runway at Kalymnos Airport is long enough to take a plane that was big enough to fly from the UK.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,101 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport

There are no direct flights to Kalimnos, runway is too short. Flights go to Kos and then you take a ferry from Mastichari. There are also ferries from Kos town.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport

Thanks for info but was assured by Thomas Cook it was a direct flight to Kalymnos but if/when we decide to go,will double check!

Did this type of journey once Kos/Ithaki ferry, but were dumped at 11pm at harbour,no rep to assist,and had to make our own way by asking at taverna,then same at Ithaka at 1am!! Return was an 6am Ferry,hung around all day for late flight home, no reps on the island at all,horrid experience for seniors! Good old Olympic!!!

Just wanted to avoid same!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport

Hi there

In that case I would check to see what Thomas Cook intend landing you in as it would never take off with fuel on board...maybe it's a microlight and parachute?

Kalymnos airport's runway is just a tad over 3,700 feet long, a small jet might just land and manage to stop in time but it would never get back off again on such a short runway.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport

I think the lass I spoke to really didn't have a clue then!!

Thanks a bunch,will start making our parachutes now!!

Sandy xx

merseyside
Destination Expert
for Kalymnos
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport

Hi Sandy

Maybe she meant transfers included over to Kalymnos.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport

No,I specifically asked if you could now fly direct to the island without ferries,so she must have had her knickers in a twist!

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,490 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport

No excuse for that, it's no wonder more and more are booking direct.

Mind you, the TC website is also inaccurate - talks about flying to Kos/Kalymnos, and on the Kalymnos holidays page, recommends holidays in Kardamena and Mastihari. Very shoddy and totally confusing.

thomascook.com/lp/…

Maybe they've built a bridge just for their customers...

10. Re: Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2014, 06:16