We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry Karpathos - Rhodes

Madrid, España
Level Contributor
5 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry Karpathos - Rhodes

Hi dear friends.

I have ticket flight for get back to Madrid from Rhodes Airport on sunday 31th August at 04:00. I would like to know if there is ferries from Karpathos to Rhodes before 30th.

I saw in some homepages and I surprised that there is only one ferry runs from Karpathos to Rhodes at saturday and arrive at 00:30. So,

it will be difficult to go from Rhodes port to Airpot? By taxis expensive?

There is any alternative ferry before that?

Anyone can help me?

p.s. I am travelling with a baby.

Thanks in advance!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry Karpathos - Rhodes

You can also look into flights from Karpathos to Rhodes, with Olympic Air. There's usually 1-2 per day. Unfortunately there are not too many ferries between the two islands, despite being part of the same island region, the distance between the two is pretty large and that area of the sea is known for its high winds, which makes travel by catamaran impossible.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,463 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry Karpathos - Rhodes

Hi,

Ferries on that route have always been quite minimal 'Preveli' 26 Aug 12:15, 27 Aug 20:25, 30 Aug 19:10.

Flights are daily.

You would have to take the 27 Aug ferry, or a flight.

http://en.aegeanair.com/

…anek.gr/anek_prod/…Brochures_300_en_v15.pdf

Taxi port to airport would be about 25 Euros, tarif doubles after 24:00.

Flying is your best option and may actually be cheaper.

Lisboa
Level Contributor
127 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry Karpathos - Rhodes

I Think you could take the saturday 7 PM BOAT. 4 hours is enough even to take in considerarion the delays.

Could you give me info on that fight from Madrid to rodes?

Thanks

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,463 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry Karpathos - Rhodes

3½ hrs is not enough buffer time, it is a long route ferry. I have been delayed 8 hours on that ferry line. Also had to wait 2/3 days for a ticket on a flight from Rhodes > Karpathos.

5. Re: Ferry Karpathos - Rhodes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2015, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Karpathos