We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kas to Kastellorizo

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
264 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Kas to Kastellorizo

Does anyone know for sure if you are now able to cross from Kas to Kastellorizo as a point of entry into Greeece? ie. Is there a customs station and immigration so a traveller can enter Greece officially. I know there are day trips but that does not apply to this post.

Many thanks!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Kas to Kastellorizo

Turks call it meis

Greeks it is Megisiti (ancient) or Kastellorizo/Kastellorizon

charming place and this tiny island has been a strain in Turk/Greek relations over the years,

somewhat better now...

The population, according to the 2011 census, now stands at 492, all living in the town of Megísti. The municipality also includes the islands of Rho and Stroggyli, both without permanent inhabitants.

Many of its emigrants live in Australia (especially in the cities of Perth and Sydney) where they are known as "Kazzies".

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Kas to Kastellorizo

Thank you!

That's just what I needed to know!!!

So glad this has changed! :-)

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Kas to Kastellorizo

I was there last week. Meis passenger ferries go and to and from Turkey daily plus Blue Star ferries which are huge and arrive at least once a week, a catamaran comes in on a Wednesday and occasional cruise liners. Port authorities and police/immigration are at the dock and from what I saw seem to be very geared up for meeting incoming large vessels.

14. Re: Kas to Kastellorizo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2014, 23:16
Get answers to your questions about Kastellorizo