We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Nina

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
29 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Nina

We are returning to Halki after a very happy holiday in 2008. This year we have booked to stay at Villa Nina, which is a 'new' property for Olympic.

If anyone has stayed there this season I would love to hear their opinions.

Cheers.

ripley
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Nina

hi we are staying at villa nina in july if you want we wil let you know what its like when we returncheers dave

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
29 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Nina

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the offer. We are also going in July, so I guess you must be there for the first two weeks. Hope you have a great time. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Norwich
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Nina

Hi we have just returned fron Halki and the Villa Nina. On the plus side the accomodation is in a perfect position with a beautiful veranda and amazing view.

The accomodation itself is not so great in that it was very dirty when we arrived and the double room is smelly (drains I think). After I cleaned it up it was certainly ok to get your head down in, and the view from the veranda made upfor it.

Another slight glitch was that the owner moved himself into the double room one day, thinking we were only using the twin! We pointed out that we had paid for the whole villa and he was very swift at moving out - but I will inform Olympic that he must be made aware this is not an option.

Have a great holiday.

Kath

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
29 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Nina

Thanks Kath.

As there are only two of us we could face the same problem so I'll make sure that we spread out as much as possible - not that difficult!

The cleaning issue is a bit of a surprise as most Greek accomodation is usually very clean but I have heard some horror stories. I may well take some cleaning wipes.

Thanks again for taking the time to post.

ripley
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Nina

hi we have just returned from villa nina we only stayed for the first week and changed accomodation for the second the stink from the drains cannot be covered by bleach its dirty, infested with mice and you cant secure the property sorry if you have booked to stay there we would not rebook it ever. on the plus side halki is gorgeous,

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
29 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Nina

Sorry that you had such a rotten experience. There was no evidence of mice when we arrived and the place was clean enough to pass. The smell in the shower room of the double room was easily dealt with. I suspect that many people only use the twin so it doesn't get used. With no water going down the trap gets dry - thus the pong! We can get the same thing in the spare washroom in the office if we don't remember to take the correct action (flush loo and run tap occasionally).

The door locks certainly need attention. We couldn't get into the double when we first arrived. After what sounded like a very firm phone call from Jane in the office that was sorted but I think that they all need replacing.

We loved the terrace. The view was so wonderful and the chairs really comfortable at the end of a hard day's slog on the beach

Thanks for the post; hope you enjoyed your holiday anyway.

Nottingham, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa Nina

Hi ive just read up on the review for villa nina and it doesnt look good as i have just booked it for next year .

did anyone speak to the rep and was anything done about it .

i hope the problems are sorted out for next year and if anyone has anything else to say please keep me informed

thanks adrian

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
29 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa Nina

Hi Adrian,

We'd quite happily go back there. The view from the terrace is terrific, the beds (in the twin room) were comfortable, the pillows didn't have rocks in them and there was plenty of space. It is an older building so the walls are thick, keeping it cool.

The shower room in the double just needed water - left over from rinsing bathers- down the floor drain to cure the pong . It was simply a case of the trap drying out (my husband informs me!)

The rep did know about the locks but after an initial hitch when we couldn't get into the double room there was no problem.

I'm sure you'll have a great time. You see some spectacular sunrises and enjoy pleasantly cool post beach ouzos on the terrace. I'm making myself feel jealous!

PS Never saw any mice.

Nottingham, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa Nina

thanks lefay

youve just made my wife very happy as it was my idea to book this place .we went to halki about 8 or 9 years ago and thought the place was great and have always hoped to go back so next year is the year .

was everything else ok with the flight times and the transfer as it looks like we will be getting a room in rhodes for a while as our stay is over the 8 hours .

many thanks adrian

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
29 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa Nina

Glad to have set your mind at rest and reasured your wife.

I assume that you are travelling with Olympic. We flew from Gatwick at 9.15 am and there were no hitches. We went straight from the airport to Scala Kamiros and then on to the boat. An added bonus was the dolphin display on the way across - dream start to a holiday!

Coming back we had to have our cases ready by 7.00 am and get the 8.00am boat across. They took us to an Aparthotel in Ixia to wait for the transfer to the airport. It was such an amazing place that we immediately walked out to to find the sea and a nicer place to have lunch (and a last Mythos) but it was much better than sitting around in Rhodes airport.

We had no complaints about the flights or transfers.

Any problems back on Halki will be dealt with by Jane, the Zifos lady, who is very good, very fluent in Greek and agood source of local knowledge and general information.

Nina is comfortably close to the harbour so you won't have too far to go for eating or getting water. We picked up our first lot on the way to the apartment - Jane was quite happy to wait.

Start dreaming about those first drinks on the terrace! Still jealous.

Never mind, we're off to Alonissos next year.

Best wishes

Get answers to your questions about Halki
Recent Conversations