We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New flights from BA

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
12,259 posts
80 reviews
New flights from BA

For those of you who travel independently & can use Gatwick this could be useful to you,

https:/…

7 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
89 reviews
1. Re: New flights from BA

Until BA cancel the schedule like they did last time

Here’s hoping this time they don’t , more opportunities to get to Kos can only help the islands economy

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
61 reviews
2. Re: New flights from BA

They seem to be launching these like it’s something new but I travelled with them a couple of years ago to Kos. Great flight times but they dropped the idea eventually. Maybe it didn’t pay. BA aren’t what they used to be. I travelled to Corfu this year. They got us on board where they told us about the hours flight delay which became 3 hours and then when the snack service reached us, they only had porridge. The return flight wasn’t late leaving Corfu but they ran out of food again. I had porridge (again) and a G and T. Britain’s national carrier? You’re having a laugh.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
12,259 posts
80 reviews
3. Re: New flights from BA

That’s awful Koritsi!

I’ve only flown with them twice, the first time there was a 7hr delay, boarded plane, sat there for an hour, taken off & put in a departure lounge, got sandwiches & extremely bored, but got there in the end.

Swore I’d never use them again, but we did when we moved came here on our one way ticket for the permanent move, it was brilliant, but maybe any flight would have been considering how excited I felt 😁

swindon,england
Level Contributor
4,138 posts
263 reviews
4. Re: New flights from BA

We had the same issue regarding snacks on both legs of our flight with them flying Heathrow-Kalamata last year,they certainly need to up their game to compete with the other airlines who nowadays seem to have the short haul routes off to a tee.

There were also rumours that B.A. were planning on buying out Norwegian which would be a shame as we have found them a pleasure to fly with.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
89 reviews
5. Re: New flights from BA

First year they flew to Kos from Heathrow was fine , second year they cancelled the Thursday flight 4 weeks after we booked it, without a word of apology just told us we could have the Saturday flight at the same price , third year we decided to use another airline and lucky we did as they cancelled the whole schedule a few weeks after they went on sale

Edited: 23 September 2018, 11:21
Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
61 reviews
6. Re: New flights from BA

I complained on Twitter as it always gets a response. This was theirs -

I'm so sorry to hear that. I've passed your comments to our Management and Catering teams as feedback. ^Marie

That’s it. Nothing else. I wouldn’t choose them again.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
225 reviews
7. Re: New flights from BA

After the way they disappointed & "stranded" passengers by cancelling the schedule at last minute, not a carrier I would trust / use for short haul.

Reply to: New flights from BA
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kos
Recent Conversations