We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cash machine in Mastihari?

Durham, England
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cash machine in Mastihari?

We are going to Mastihari in June; does any one know if there is a cash machine in the village? If not where is the nearest one? Many thanks.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cash machine in Mastihari?

I go every year on my way to Leros and last was there in October. So far there isnt one in the village but I used to get the bus to Kos town (half an hour)and there are plenty there.

Apparently there is one at Antimachia, just up the road but I've always gone into town and combined it with shopping.

Durham, England
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cash machine in Mastihari?

Many thanks for the information.

Bronean.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cash machine in Mastihari?

Just being nosey, but are you going with Greycat - I use them a lot.

http://www.mastihari.co.uk/home.cfm

Durham, England
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cash machine in Mastihari?

Hi, no we were just looking for a cheap holiday and Mastihari sounded perfect, we knew nothing about the place except it sounds like unspoilt Greece, which we love. Our favourite place we have visited in Greece is Souvala and this village sounds just like it. Can't wait to get there.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cash machine in Mastihari?

Well I think that you've made a great choice. The beach is unbelievable and if you walk along it about a km and climb up the bank and across some broken wire, there is a ruined 15th century basilica. It's not much too see but the baptismal font is still there and a few poorly covered mosaics.

My favourite taverna is Kali Khardia (facing the port) - very Greek - and is open all through the winter. Also worth trying, is Traditional House, which is along the beach, near the children's play area. They have a small holding where they grow their own produce. It's great food.

If you are self catering, try to buy from the little food shops rather than the big(ish) supermarket, so the money stays in the village.

If you need any info, see Katherine Angelou, at El Greco, also along the beach. She is English and married to a Greek and has been there for years.

There are 2 lovely jewellery shops, run by Ira and Pia, who also run a charity for stray animals.

It's my favourite place (apart from Leros where I go every year)

The bus service is frequent and the last bus back from Kos is around 9.30.

Mastihari is wonderfully quiet at night, which is a real bonus. I hope that you have a wonderful time.

London
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cash machine in Mastihari?

Traditional House is really good. IMHO is one of the best in all Kos island.

Sobradiel
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cash machine in Mastihari?

Anyone has a photo of the baptismal font?

I need one for a book I'm writing.

Ferran

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cash machine in Mastihari?

Well, I did have one but I'm not sure it was digital. I will try to find it.

ayrshire
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Cash machine in Mastihari?

Did you enjoy mastahari...we are going to kos in october to get married, originally in town hall, but now in the beautiful traditional house in antimachia. We are using Greycat and Kevin and Katherine mentioned on here have been wonderful, I cannot praise their support and help more. Everything you need they can and will help you sort out.

10. Re: Cash machine in Mastihari?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2009, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Kos