We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

book swop in kefalos

nottingham
Level Contributor
65 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
book swop in kefalos

We are going to Kos for the first time in June and staying in Kefalos, we do alot of reading on holiday,does anyone know if there are many places to swap books there? 15kg does not allow for many books and clothes!!!

Thank you

merseyside
Destination Expert
for Kalymnos
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: book swop in kefalos

Hi mialily and welcome!

Some of the hotels usually have a small library of english books that people leave there. Some of the supermarkets also have english books for sale. You can have a few books in your hand luggage, I do, which saves space in the suitcase.

London
Level Contributor
117 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: book swop in kefalos

Hi

We stayed in Chrsoulas last year and there was a book case full of english books that people had read so I survived a fortnight with only taking two books with me! Previous post was correct tho, most the shops do stock a small supply of books, don't expect anything up to date tho.

Bottom of you hand luggage is always a good place to stack!

enjoy

uk
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: book swop in kefalos

We'll be going in July, and will barely be able to lift our hand baggage....

NB. With Olympic Holidays, I think there's the option to increase your luggage allowance to 20 kg for a fee of £3.99 each.

nottingham
Level Contributor
65 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: book swop in kefalos

wow thats not a bad deal, but unfortunately we are with Thomas Cook!!

I think i will have to load my husbands rucksack with books i have been waiting to read!

Cant wait sun sea and a good book!

Thanks

Mialily

Enjoy your Holiday!

5. Re: book swop in kefalos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2009, 07:27
Get answers to your questions about Kos