We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Kos, help please :)

Finland
2 posts
Save Topic
First time in Kos, help please :)

Hi,

me and my friend are going to Kos next month (July) and we would like to now if you have any tips to us. We are 18 and almost 18, and we have been few places before which we really liked: Malta and Sunny Beach in Bulgaria. Can you tell if there is something same in those places with Kos, can they be compered with Kos? We like to go in to the beach at the daytime, go shopping (shoes and bags mostly), meet other youngs from other countries and ofcourse have some fun at nights like going to the bars and to the clubs. Is Kos Town right place to us, what do you think? Do you have any tips where to go or what to do or is there any must-to-go place to us?

We are going to stay in hotel called Zephyros, does somebody know anything about it? Like how to move from there to the town? Or is there lot of youngs and if there are, do you know from what countries? Or how clean is it? :D I mean that if somebody have any information what travelagents don't or can't know/tell. If you have stayed there please tell me :D

Lot of things, I know, but if somebody can help me it would be very nice :) I want to expirience best things of the Kos Town and have the best holiday ever

London
Level Contributor
117 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Kos, help please :)

Hi

If it's a party town by night and beach during the day you want it's Kardamena you wanna visit. A friend close to your age went there with the girls and they loved it. We stayed in Kefalos which was lovely and relaxing (i'm older and need a bit more peace!). More night life than Sunny Beach.

Not sure about the nightlife in Kos Town so cannot comment about it. Most of the club/party bars are Kardamena based though.

If you search for kos nightlife on here you'll find some other reviews of where to visit.

Enjoy!

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,761 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Kos, help please :)

Kos town has a bar street between the port and the excavations in the cntre of the town. There is also a bar and club district a little further out along the beach.

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,371 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Kos, help please :)

Yes Kardamena is the resort for beach and nightlife so if that is all you want then it is definitely for you, but if you want shopping as well then it needs to be Kos Town which has a mix of all the things you mentioned. I cannnot help with the hotel you named but I am sure there is someone out there who knows it.

Kos island
Level Contributor
356 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in Kos, help please :)

Hello Sunny Girl. Knowing Kos town and Zephyros Hotel where you will be staying, i am quite sure that you will be okay. For sure, regarding Zephyros Hotel, you must have got a good deal..It is situated opposite the Marina of Kos and you can get some good seaviews and the opposite coast of Turkey if you get the front rooms. The rooms are basic doubles and singles.. As i know that this hotel is preffered by young people, maybe you will get the chance to meet some there (maybe at the hotel's bar) but this is up to you also on how communicative you can be..

There are some cafeterias and pubs walking down Vasileos Georgiou Street leading to Kos centre. The most "known" one is Four Roses but give it a try to the previous ones too..

Have not so much to say about the bars and pubs. Anyway, the feeling is the same wherever you go.

The beach is oppposite but i avoid swimmign there. Too stony inside. For sure you will lead yourself to the beaches in Lambi next to Heaven and Island Club. This is where all young people go and for sure the son of the Zephyros owner, will help you with directions..

here for some add ons, if you like..:)

Finland
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: First time in Kos, help please :)

Thanks for all of you! I'm really glad to hear that Zephyros is okay and I'm sure that we are so social that we will meet other youngs then. We are going to eat "local food and try restaurants that are not so "known" ;) Nice to hear so much of the hotel, I think we are going to like it very much.

I have other question too: I was reading from somewhere that going to Turkey would be good idea. How much going to there will cost and how long it going to take to get there? I read that there is some good shopping places, can anybody tell some of those? Or anything about going to Turkey from Kos :)

Kos island
Level Contributor
356 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: First time in Kos, help please :)

Hello again..

Visiting Bodrum of Turkey is a good idea. This excursion is the king of excursions here in Kos. Turkey you can see when you look out of Zephyros. Kos is one of the closest islands of Greece to Turkey.. You get two types of boats to get there:

a) Normal excursion boat taking around 1 hour to get there

b) Hydrofoil speed boat taking 20 minutes

As there are 4 companies doing the trip you should pay about 15 - 20 Euros for a return trip and 25Euros by the hydrofoil. The port visa tax is 4 Euros per person. You also get the chance to have a city tour of Bodrum incl. in the above mentioned prices..

About shopping you may have to excuse me that i am not the expert. All shops in Bodrum offer about the same products and the shopping area is very near where the boat docks which is if you look at a map of Bodrum in google earth, the one next to the castle..

There is a bazaar day which is Tuesday but i went once, i never went again. Too busy..

:)

7. Re: First time in Kos, help please :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2009, 06:19