We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mozzie problem?

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,842 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Mozzie problem?

Can anyone give me an idea how bothersome the mozzies might be in Kos last week of August & 1st week in September, please.

We'll use the mozzie spray and the plug in machine for the room and they don't tend to bother us too much.

It's just that I usually take trousers/crops on holiday and I fancy taking a couple of dresses instead but am worried that I may be laying out a feast for the mozzies - IYSWIM. LOL

Thanks

Kent
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mozzie problem?

You should be ok with the spray and a plug in but you may also think of taking some after-sun lotion containing anti-mozzie as well. I find this usually does the trick. A tip from some Greek friends of was to spray around under the table once or twice whilst you are sitting in a restaurant having a meal in the evening as that is very often when you get bitten on the legs.

London
Level Contributor
117 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mozzie problem?

I've never heard of spraying under the table, I'll try that one as it's usually during dinner if my other half gets munched on!

We were in Kos first week of spet last year and the room plug in worked well and I used the Avon spray oil in the evenings before we went out and i didn't get biten once. My other half got biten a couple of times but he was using 'normal' insect repellant.

Enjoy

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,842 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mozzie problem?

Thanks, guys.

I also use the Avon S-S-S before my normal mozzie repellant.

Marg001 - good idea about spraying under the table.

Years ago, restaurants used to put those coils under tables.

I think I might risk a knee-length dress for a change.

We're really looking forward to Kos, a new island for us to explore.

4. Re: Mozzie problem?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2010, 05:23