We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beach in Kos

middlesbrough
Level Contributor
411 posts
33 reviews
Best beach in Kos

Hi everybody

looking to go to Kos in June 2011 and just wondered which are the best beaches and resorts in Kos,

we are in our late 50's but dont like it too quiet but not too lively either so any help will be very much appreciated

thank you

Coral

Belgium
Level Contributor
411 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Best beach in Kos

I think you might enjoy Tigaki. It has a wonderfull broad, sandy beach. Lovely vieuw on the islands of Pserimos and Kalymnos. Not too far from Kos-town, so you can get there with good bus connection or by bike. There are plenty of taverns and restaurants, no nightlife. Car rental and excursion office available on the main street.

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,577 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Best beach in Kos

I agree with floevy, Tigaki has one of the best beaches on Kos and is a good choice. If you hire a car there are more beautiful beaches along the main road past the airport.

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,882 posts
38 reviews
3. Re: Best beach in Kos

Ditto to both those posts.

BOB.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
4. Re: Best beach in Kos

Hi there

Another ditto. Just as another option or two, you could also look at Mastihari and Marmari, both of which are also on the west coast and not that far from Tigaki.

middlesbrough
Level Contributor
411 posts
33 reviews
5. Re: Best beach in Kos

Thank you all for your resonses and it sounds like Tigaki is just what we are looking for.

Will now research the best hotel there and will get back with more questions when i have a choice of hotels and hopefully people will point me in the right direction to pick a good one

once again

thank you

Coral

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,577 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Best beach in Kos

Coral - Are you looking for a package or to travel independently?

middlesbrough
Level Contributor
411 posts
33 reviews
7. Re: Best beach in Kos

Hi marg001

we were going to look for a package deal as seems the safest bet,but do you know a good place that i can travel independently to,as willing to try going it alone as this year thomas cook/thomsons seem to be charging the earth for a package,would be grateful for your input.

cheers

Coral

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,577 posts
17 reviews
8. Re: Best beach in Kos

Had a look at the flythomascook site and they are offering flights from Newcastle and East Midlands from around £155 at the moment.

…flythomascook.com/cheap-flights/…

As for accommodation, not sure what you are looking for. Personally we like to go S/C and have breakfast in our apartment and there are good variety of places to eat within a few minutes walk of most apartments in Tigaki. I would not get too fixated about needing somewhere with a pool as there are many places who are happy for you to use theirs as long as you buy a drink and/or a snack at their pool bar. There is of course always the beach. I am sure others will come up with some other suggestions but for a start have a look at the following places in no particular order of preference.

www.sunshine-kos.com

Not stayed here but it has very good reports. Has its own pool. In a quiet position just off the main street, with a pool and 5-7 minute walk to beach.

www.sagittariuskos.com

Stayed here many times in their older apartments, now refurbished and in their newer ones. Very good quality apartments well looked after by Donna and Manos who also own the restaurant. Without a pool but there is one next door at the Marianna or over the road to Socrates, about 10 minute walk to beach.

www.theokritostravel.gr

Villa Athena - Stayed here twice. Louise and Nicos are lovely hosts quiet spot set back about 200 yards off the Beach Road with access to pools at the Miros or Jonathon. Only drawback for us was the walk of around 15 minutes into the centre.

There are others I would also suggest but cannot find contact details for them at present, such as: Kaloudis (formerly Irene II) (our son and family stay here), Marianna (we have stayed here twice), Socrates (not stayed but a lovely family own it), Miros(daughter stayed here once), all have their own pools.

Hope this helps.

Marg

middlesbrough
Level Contributor
411 posts
33 reviews
9. Re: Best beach in Kos

Hi marg001

thank you for all that valuble info and i will start my research now

i will start with the ones with pools as we are taking our daughter with us and she enjoys a pool but i prefer the beach so will look into the ones with pool and not too far away from the beach.

we are hoping to fly from Leeds-Bradford as the flight times from ther are not too bad flying out at about 3 pm and getting back at midnight so not too bad really

thank you for all yor help and i will let you know which we decide on

Coral

scotland
Level Contributor
234 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: Best beach in Kos

Hi - I could defo recommend Mythos apartments (Thomson). Have a lovely pool area and are couple mins from the beach so can suit use all.

Apartments are really nice and have all been refurbished - wouldnt say they are that good if you are looking to cook but as I never did, it wasnt an issue.

Pool, apartments, location and food are in my opinion great with lovely friendly staff.

Get answers to your questions about Kos
Recent Conversations