We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather Sept / Oct??

whitley bay
Level Contributor
259 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Weather Sept / Oct??

Hi,

I'm just about ready to book for the end of this year...cant decide which 2 weeks though!!

Undecided between 22 Sept - 06 Oct or 29 Sept - 13 Oct. I know its only a week difference but does anyone have experience of the weather at this time of year? There is a significant difference in price (later dates saving nearly £300) but we dont want to go when it'll be chilly and places will be closed for the winter!!

I know no one can say for sure what the weather will be like...do you think its worth the risk for the later weeks?

Thanks!

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,798 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather Sept / Oct??

The latest I have ever been to Kos was the last 2 weeks of September. It was really hot, but we had one big thunderstorm. I don't think a week will make that much difference weather-wise, although on average you have more chance of a rainy day. I don't think you will find it chilly, certainly not during the day.

Another thing to consider is your resort: Kos town will remain busy, but some of the quieter resorts may well start shutting down by the 2nd week of October, although you will still find enough places to eat etc.

whitley bay
Level Contributor
259 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather Sept / Oct??

Thanks for that :)

We've chosen Mitsis Blue Domes...the reviews/ things we've read on the Internet seem to indicate its still quite popular that time of year...we like the quiet aspect anyways so that won't bother us too much if it's winding down - long as we can still grab a cocktail & beer in the sun we'll be happy :)

Thanks again x

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather Sept / Oct??

I would opt for the earlier date as weather in Oct can be unpredictable.

4. Re: Weather Sept / Oct??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2013, 10:18