We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help, I'm worried now

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Help, I'm worried now

Just booked a trip to Kos staying at the Kipriotis Panorama Complex with family. Just read it isn't great for children, yet is was recommended as family friendly by agent. Brother just told me it is full of 18-30 holiday makers, should I cancel and book Corfu?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help, I'm worried now

Do you mean Corfu island instead of Kos island?

What I gather from the hotel brochure, it is a usual large hotel complex with swimmingpools etc, also conference facilities. What they mean with "child friendly" is the Junior rooms.

Agents always recommend what they deem profitable.

It is upto you what you want, how old your children are and what keeps them happy. Sorry cannot recommend an alternative for you, but in any case, enjoy your holidays in Greece!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help, I'm worried now

Which location are you staying at?

perhaps you could choose one that suits your need better.

http://www.kipriotis.gr/hotels.php

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help, I'm worried now

Hi there

I can't help out with the hotel question, but why change the island if the hotel isn't suitable? Marmari, Mastihari and Tigaki are all good family resorts on Kos

UK
Level Contributor
355 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help, I'm worried now

Have you checked the reviews on here? I had a quick look, and the reviews seem pretty positive to me! Check what other families thought by clicking on 'family' at the top of the reviews.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help, I'm worried now

Thank you, it was the 3rd or 4th review on this site that worried me, plus a relative telling me that Kos is a favourite with club 18-30s. I have spoken with the travel agent and feel more reassured now. Apparently there is a large waterpark on Kos, so I am hoping it will be open for the kids to enjoy. They aren't children-children, one is final year primary, the other at secondary school. One could live in water, the other likes history, so we thought/hope Kos will be a good destination. Will let everyone know how the holiday went when we return.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help, I'm worried now

PS, I did mean Corfu, there was another Greek holiday priced around the same amount as the Corfu Palace Hotel, I stayed there a lifetime ago and it was a lovely, relaxing holiday. The children favoured Kos after researching it on the internet, so they booked it with their dad, I looked at it and panicked. Sorry to be so alarmist!

Edited: 05 March 2012, 17:02
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help, I'm worried now

Hi again ebee

Don't worry, we all need to ensure we get exactly what we are looking for. You and the kids will love Kos

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,346 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help, I'm worried now

We have been to Kos Town many times over the years with our (now) 13 year old son. We always have a great time. The centre of Kos Town is lively, vibrant and busy, and there are music bars etc., as well as lots of shops, restaurants, tavernas, and more archaeological sites than you can shake a stick at - but it is not an 18-30 resort; for a start, it is a busy town with a large Greek population as well as all the tourists, ad many families holiday there.

In high season there is often some street entertainment in the pedestrianised section near the centre of the harbour.

UK
Level Contributor
355 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help, I'm worried now

Kardamena is the resort to avoid! We went to Kefalos a couple of years ago and had a lovely family holiday.

kos
Destination Expert
for Kos
Level Contributor
725 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help, I'm worried now

hi

the whole island of kos isnt an 18-30 type only certain hotels and certain parts of the island are like that (kardamena)for example

kypriotis panorama is a nice hotel situated on a hill with a stunning views over the harbor of kos and acros the water to turkey

id say come over and enjoy it the sad thing with TA is one can meke a hotel/location sound and look so bad or make it look like paradise but my opinion is come over and see for yourself you wont regret it

mind u i dont work for this hotel and i dont have any benefit from it but i m a local from kos and dont let other peoples opinions spoil your time here come and try it

all the best

eddieteddy

Get answers to your questions about Kos
Recent Conversations