We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kos or Rhodes from Turkey?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Kos or Rhodes from Turkey?

We're two single guys travelling into Istanbul and thinking of either flying down to Marmaris or Bodrum.

We plan on going for 10 days or so and want to party and enjoy nice beaches during the day.

We're either thinking of going to

1)Kos (Greek Islands) by ferry from Bodrum (Turkey) to enjoy a bit of Turkey and the Greek Islands.

2) Rhodes (Greek Islands) by ferry from Marmaris, (Turkey) to enjoy a bit of Turkey and the Greek Islands.

Has anyone been to either or any of these places?

What types of people/nationalities are attracted to these places?

Any information here would help..

Thanking you in advance!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kos or Rhodes from Turkey?

I've been to Kos and Rhodes and would pick Kos every time. I think in Kos town (which i presume is where your ferry would go to) would have a lot of English people as well as other nationalities there and have a good night life as it is the capital. I haven't been to Rhodes for a few years but i go back to Kos every year with a Friend, we are all around 21 and love it there! Rhodes is a nice island too but Kos will always be my fav! Hope you have a good holiday :)

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kos or Rhodes from Turkey?

Hi there

Which island to choose really depends upon what sort of things you like to see and do. Kos is a small island, so if you only have a few days, it might be a better bet than Rhodes, which is much larger. Most of Kos' main sights are within the northern half of the island whereas Rhodes' sights are scattered across it's length and breadth. Getting around and how you want to do it plays a part too.

Rhodes has an excellent bus service to most, but not all parts of the island. Buses radiate from Rhodes Town but it's easy to get around wherever you stay, especially if it's along the east coast, where all the best beaches are. Kos' service is not so good, and unless you are staying in, or close to Kos Town, it's harder to get out and about.

I've been to both islands several times and Rhodes would always get my vote for it's history and scenery, but Kos has plenty going for it too.

Save Reply
3. Re: Kos or Rhodes from Turkey?

Hey there! My friend and I are going and we only have 3 days between Kos and Rhodes. Which should we choose to do? Pick one for three days or do two days at one island and then do only one day at the other? Which has the best nightlife? Thanks for your time!

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,627 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kos or Rhodes from Turkey?

Hi Rob,

and welcome to the forum.

Two points:

1. You are posting in a oine year old post. Please do a post on your own to get the right attention. Use the "Ask a question" tab in the Dodecanese forum.

2. You are posting three identical posts. You can remove them by using the "Report inappropriate content" tab on the bottom of your posts, and then just click "Remove my post".

Edited: 28 April 2013, 09:25
5. Re: Kos or Rhodes from Turkey?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2014, 06:18