We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horse riding in Kos

Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Horse riding in Kos

Hi, is there somewhere in Kos to take children horse riding? Thanks :-)

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,277 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horse riding in Kos

There is a riding stables at Mimari.

I've seen them coming past us in Tingaki. never seen any children riding though, doesn't mean they can't though.

BOB...

Ludlow, United...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horse riding in Kos

Theres a riding establishment up by ancient pyli

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horse riding in Kos

There was a place near the salt lakes at tingaki. The horses and ponies were all rescue ones. I took my kids riding there a few years ago but I'm not sure if it's still there.

It was sign posted off the main road into tingaki either just before or after the big super Market. Sorry I can't be more precise!

Pontefract, United...
Destination Expert
for Kos
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Horse riding in Kos

their is a ridding place on the main coast road between tigaki and kos town at the old army camp not sure about prices though

Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horse riding in Kos

Thanks, will have a look when we are there, thought the girls might like to go :-)

Munich, Germany
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Horse riding in Kos

Therare 3 "stables" close to Marmari. All of them offers illegal beach riding only.

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Horse riding in Kos

Hey there,

I went to Kos 1 1/2 years ago, I was 14 and did horse riding. We stayed in Tingaki. Someone mentioned the salt lake and that's where I did the riding. The stables are owned by a really nice English woman who's lived on the island for years.

I did the 45 minute (or 1 hour) ride at sunset along the beach which was bliss! The price wasn't too bad but I can't remember.

Because I am experienced I was able to go on ahead cantering with her son and I loved it! The horses and ponies were very docile and quiet so very safe. Definately don't give it a miss! It's amazing!

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Horse riding in Kos

I have recently been riding in Kos in Kardamena http://www.horseridingkos.com/ I couldn't recommend the stables highly enough, especially if you have children who are riding. They have a large selection of horses and ponies to suit all abilities who are very well schooled and safe to ride. The horses are really well looked after too and they have a selection of rides on beaches or up into the hills.

Tingákion...
Level Contributor
29 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Horse riding in Kos

My daughter goes riding at Erica's Horse Farm just before you reach Marmari from the Tigaki road. It is a riding therapy centre and she teaches many young and older children on Saturdays as well as adults. She does lessons both within the enclosures as well as small treks along the beach. Very highly recommended.

Runcorn, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Horse riding in Kos

Hi

Stables by slat lake and nudist beach in Tigaki was excellent. Genie and Yaris and there family was absolute fabulous. Horses were good and the tour was good and worth every penny

We visited Kos June 2012 and this was one of the highlights. We did the sunset ride

Get answers to your questions about Kos
Recent Conversations