We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which resort would suit us?

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
6,192 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Which resort would suit us?

Hi Everyone

I’m hoping for some recommendations please on which resorts might suit us.

Here’s our wish-list….

Nice sandy well cared-for beach with facilities, but not where you’re all packed in like sardines

Not overly “British” resort – we’d prefer a Greek/international feel

Well cared-for resort – we appreciate the recession has hit hard everywhere, but I’d rather not see lots of closed businesses etc.

Plenty of restaurants/bars/tavernas within easy reach - it would be even better if they were on a promenade/seafront (but not really nightclubs)

Accessible to historical/natural sites by hire car

Any recommendations would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you!

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,436 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which resort would suit us?

You will find pesky Brits in most resorts on Kos but you could make a start by looking at Mastihari. The beach is sandy but can sometimes have a problem with seaweed after a storm. It is a working village is a harbour and maybe a bit more traditional that some other places.

www.mastihari-uncovered.com

Not so traditional but still a very nice resort with probably the best beach on Kos is Tigaki. We stay here when we visit. Lots of good tavernas, a few good bars but no nightclubs.

If you want it a bit quieter then you may like Kefalos which is at the other end of the island to Kos Town.

Hope this helps.

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,582 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which resort would suit us?

I agree with Marg. there are quite a few Germans in Tingaki normally, there even travel shops dedicated to them. Lot of British though !!!!!!

You can hire a car, bike or scooter and go to Kos town. lots of historic ruins to see there and a nice town to boot.

BOB...

Edited: 27 September 2012, 19:43
kent
Level Contributor
441 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which resort would suit us?

Well!

Strangely enough I have to say MASTIHARI !!!, But I am rather biased I suppose?

LEEDS WEST YORKS
Level Contributor
737 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which resort would suit us?

Kefalos every time !!!!

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
6,192 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which resort would suit us?

Thanks to all who've replied so far. Will start some research. Any further opinions from others would be gratefully appreciated!

6. Re: Which resort would suit us?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 10:18