We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Large hotel with good facilities, but not AI or HB

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Large hotel with good facilities, but not AI or HB

Hi everyone,

My family of three (parents and our 14-year-old son) are going to Kos at the end of August and I'm having a bit of a problem finding a hotel that tricks all the right boxes.

We are looking for a large hotel with swimming pools, which would give more of a chance of our son making friends. I've seen many hotels that I like, but they are either AI or HB, but we only want breakfast. We love to be able to walk to a variety of restaurants and choose a different one each night. Also we would like to be on or near a sandy beach.

Any help in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Ludlow, United...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Large hotel with good facilities, but not AI or HB

if you want self catering laid back resort look at kefalos loads of accoms and good restaraunts. lots of accoms with brit tour ops

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Large hotel with good facilities, but not AI or HB

Hi also have a look at tingaki mythos hotel with tomsons or meni beach hotel which is b/b with bookings . Com both 2mins from a great beach

Ludlow, United...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Large hotel with good facilities, but not AI or HB

May I also ad that many families from italy holiday in kefalos my brother inlaw is from calabria but alas has passed away but met lots of Italians in kos and they love Kefalos. i.e kamari bay . Bela bela

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Large hotel with good facilities, but not AI or HB

Thanks for your advice. Could you recommend any 4 star hotels in these resorts.

Thanks

Kent
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Large hotel with good facilities, but not AI or HB

I thought that GBdevizes would come in with the suggestion of the Pelagos Hotel in Lampi as he has stayed there a few times. I must say that it looks lovely from their web site.

www.pelagoshotel.com

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Large hotel with good facilities, but not AI or HB

Hi,

We have narrowed it down to either Kipiriotis Village, Psaldi; Kipiriotis Panorama, Psaldi; Plantanista, Psaldi; Pelagos, Lampi or Iberostar Odysseus, Tigaki.

Can anyone advise which would be better

Thanks very much

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Large hotel with good facilities, but not AI or HB

Hi , 2 years ago i would of recomended Pelagos to you ! Stayed there about 10 times & loved the place ! But sadly it has now gone down the AI route !! I believe you can still book self catering but you will be put in the old block ! These rooms are still very nice , if you do book it ask for a room on the road , these have great views over the sea to Turkey !! But i wont be staying here again ! Such a shame !!

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Large hotel with good facilities, but not AI or HB

What a shame Neilr19. Thanks for the info

Kent
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Large hotel with good facilities, but not AI or HB

A shame indeed, definitely would not have mentioned them had I known. Good luck with your search.

10. Re: Large hotel with good facilities, but not AI or HB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Kos